Head of Marketing
About Redesign Health
Redesign is a venture studio committed to tackling contemporary issues in healthcare. Working as a catalyst, Redesign develops and funds businesses focused on improving the quality and accessibility of modern healthcare solutions. Our core team consists of operators and investors with a track record of building multi-billion dollar businesses in the technology and healthcare sectors.Our long-term goal is to democratize access to innovative medical technologies and facilitate customers’ interactions with the healthcare system. We fund ventures with a $70mm+ permanent capital base raised from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs. Our first companies include Candid Co. and Lively.
More About the Role
Redesign is launching a men's health business and is looking for a Head of Marketing who can build a marketing strategy to scale the business via hyper growth. This individual will be a strategist, a builder, and a do-er; a leader who can also execute with a lean team (initially) in a fast-paced, startup environment. S/he is hyper-focused on conversion, takes a patient-centric approach, and is adept at connecting campaigns to the bottom-line with a laser focus on KPIs.
To succeed in the role, you must be a highly analytical, creative, and strong people person. You’re adept at solving a variety of challenges, have a high sense of urgency, and have a customer-centric mindset. This role is based in New York and reports to the CEO.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement multi-channel marketing strategy. Create and execute 360 marketing plan in order to hit key acquisition and conversion targets while maintaining alignment with target customer, brand, and business goals. Strategy will span Performance Marketing, SEO, Content, Social Media, PR, CRM, Referral, Community, and Event Marketing. Partner with Product, Operations, and Patient Experience to develop an aligned strategy across all patient touch-points.
- Create impactful campaigns to drive brand awareness and promote brand identity. Develop and execute marketing campaigns on a regular cadence to drive brand awareness with new and existing customers. Conduct research analysis to inform behavioral norms of target audience for highest impact.
- Own external messaging and communication. Act as the funnel for all external messaging - including patients, leads, investors, and press. Develop and ensure a cohesive brand voice and tone across all communication platforms.
- Refine, evolve, and manage marketing budget and ROI. Regularly assess spend and return in order to maximize investment across each platform and throughout the customer lifecycle. Create and manage the annual marketing budget, and proactively adjust the budget based on business performance and opportunities for growth.
- Identify, manage, and implement marketing tools and processes. Implement clear and comprehensive marketing plans and activation calendars across all channels, regularly assessing impact and pivoting strategy and spend as directed by performance. Ensure transparency and alignment across the organization regarding marketing events, promotions, and cross-functional projects. Roll out impactful tools and software as needed to support marketing strategy and exponential growth.
- Create marketing org structure and hire/develop marketing team. Build and develop full-cycle marketing organization; identify and recruit key hires and consultants at pivotal business opportunities. Hold team accountable to deliverables and goals through clear communication and expectations. Fulfill leadership responsibilities as a coach and mentor to develop teams’ skillset and career growth.
- Analyze insights and respond quickly to changes in business. Identify and interpret patient trends in the market. Establish and regularly report on key KPIs in relation to revenue generated and spend through patient acquisition and conversion.
- Maintain a curious and entrepreneurial mindset. Capitalize on opportunities to increase brand presence, patient acquisition, and valuation. Utilize a growth-mindset to “do things differently” to bring the company's services to a wider audience.
- Development of new market and product launches. Develop and execute robust marketing plans for new clinic openings and product launches to penetrate target demographic and hit KPI goals.
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of experience in a leadership role managing B2C teams with a track record of demonstrable success at a VC-backed company; healthcare experience a plus.
- Proven track record of developing, executing, and managing multi-channel marketing strategies.
- Experience building the brand, positioning, and messaging for a D2C business.
- Experience managing a multi-million dollar marketing budget.
- Experience growing revenue in a high growth company.
- Experience hiring, managing, and leading multi-channel teams
- Strong performance marketing experience; analytical curiously beyond KPIs to understand key drivers of success.
- Ability to work closely with leadership team and across functional areas; including field teams, investors, and stakeholders.
- Interested in men’s health.
- Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial leader who thrives in high-pressure, high-urgency situations.
- Results-driven, metrics-oriented individual that demonstrates strategic thinking, innovation, and flexibility.
- Collaborative working style, detail- and goal- oriented, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong relationship building and people management skills.
- Enthusiastic about building from the ground up and working alongside a growing and ambitious team.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.