Internal Communications Manager at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking an Internal Communications Manager to manage Latch’s internal communications. You will be a core member of Latch’s quickly maturing Communications Department, and report directly to the VP of Strategy, Policy, and Communications. We are a fast growing company, and internal communications has never been more important to our success. This key hire will play a critical role, with ample opportunity for career growth.
As the Internal Communications Manager, you will work closely to inform and empower Latch’s most important stakeholders: Latch team members. You will work internally with Latch team members from every department, to identify stories to be leveraged for Latch’s internal newsletter, blog, and All Hands meetings, which you will manage. You will be responsible for going from idea to execution on short and medium term communications strategies, focusing on proactively telling more process stories about Latch’s technical innovation, innovative culture, and proactive efforts to positively impact each other and the communities in which we live.
In addition, you will support People Ops and the Executive Team on all Latch initiatives, ensuring that our values lead the way. Finally, you will be a champion of internal culture, working to further transparency and support employee-led initiatives and employee resource groups.
You are exceptionally organized and detail oriented, capable of managing cross-functional projects and work streams end to end, and able to self manage and proactively communicate priorities. Strong writing and editing skills are essential—specifically the ability to communicate complex concepts to diverse audiences in a clear and concise manner.
- Manage and evolve Latch's internal communications channels, including newsletters, Slack, and All Hands
- Produce first class content telling the many different stories of Latch and its global team
- Manage Latch’s internal CRM
- Manage culture-shaping initiatives, including the Latch Values Committee
- Liaise and coordinate with Latch's 26 departments to ensure cross functional communication, story telling, and transparency
- Support Latch leadership on strategy and execution of all internal communications
- Manage the internal communications calendar and collaborate cross functionally with People Ops and employee resource groups
- Bachelor's degree
- 7-9 years of communications experience in a fast paced environment, with a minimum of 3 years focused on internal communications
- Demonstrated track record of executing innovative internal communications strategies
- Demonstrated track record of first class content production, including content strategy, copywriting, and copy editing
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly collaborative and capable of working as part of a team
- Commands respect via contagious determination, humility, trust, and inclusion
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
Applicant Privacy Notice