Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Reporting to the Director, External Communications, you’ll play an important role in executing the external communications program for our rapidly scaling organization. We’re looking for someone who will deliver initiatives with creativity and critical thinking so that Stash is seen as a source of hope and inspiration for people who are typically fearful and uninterested in personal finance; for someone who loves to dig into the details of finance and technology; and for someone who is passionate about how Stash empowers middle-class Americans to invest and build wealth.
We are a fast-paced growth company—join us to work on hard, important problems, have fun, and make history.
What You'll Do:
- Work with Comms and Brand teammates to build a culturally dynamic lifestyle brand (think Apple or Nike for personal investing) across external audiences
- Lead the execution of initiatives that fuel earned press coverage for Stash across financial, business and consumer outlets, with a focus on product comms
- Partner cross-functionally to identify opportunities that showcase product innovation and thought leadership
- Immerse yourself in news, research, and data and share your expertise across stakeholders
- Own speaking opportunities and our awards program, and build new relationships with reporters, reviewers, and influencers
- Leverage measurement to inform new comms opportunities
Who You Are:
- Genuinely excited by Stash’s mission and the opportunity to use your creative talents to address wealth inequality by introducing Stash to those who want to invest in themselves
- A naturally gifted communicator, both verbally and in writing, with an innate ability to bring simplicity to complex concepts
- Flexible and willing to roll up your sleeves. In one day, the Manager, Communications launch a new survey, learn the intricacies around a new product launch, respond to reporter inquiries, and dig deep into topics of the day
- Knowledgeable about the world of finance and how it’s changing
- Passionate about effective storytelling that ladders up to key company goals
What you Bring to the Table:
- 4-6 years of professional experience
- Experience executing successful external communications strategies
- Fintech or traditional finance experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Media relationships across traditional and emerging platforms
- Positive, self-starter attitude with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow, and retain, and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
Equity in Stash
Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Employee referral bonuses
Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and
Banking category (2017)
W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**