Marketing and Communications Strategist
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications, you will be responsible for communicating with external audiences in ways that enable successful outcomes for the business while building and reinforcing the IEX brand. This is a cross-functional role, as you will be collaborating frequently with internal stakeholders across the Executive team, Sales, Legal, Compliance, Product and Market Policy.
You are proactive, driven, and resourceful with a proven track record of creating content that compellingly conveys value propositions of complex businesses. Your writing connects intellectually, logically, and emotionally with target audiences.
A background in financial services is not required, but you should be interested in learning about the stock market and be motivated by our mission to build fairer markets.
- Proactive problem-solver and communicator
- Open-minded and curious
- Collaborative team player
- Comfortable working under pressure with multiple different priorities competing for time
- Meticulous attention to detail
What you’ll do:
- Draft and manage distribution of direct-to-client communications, such as Trading Alerts and mass emails
- Coordinate content, presentations, and logistics for events
- Manage social media channels and paid marketing programs
- Draft messaging and editorial content that tells the IEX story compellingly and accurately
- Manage communications around multi-pronged announcements and launches
- Manage media relationships and pitch story ideas to journalists
- Contribute to overall communications strategy in collaboration with the executive team
- Bachelor’s degree, liberal arts majors strongly preferred!
- Professional and technical writing experience, B2B preferred
- 3+ years of relevant marketing and communications experience (e.g., at a high-level agency and/or in a fast-moving corporate communications role)
- Experience working with and pitching journalists
- Experience working in a highly-regulated industry
- Experience managing social media channels and marketing programs
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.