Marketing Automation Specialist at SmartAsset
SmartAsset is an award-winning financial technology company pursuing the singular mission of empowering people to make smart financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month.
We’ve been featured in hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Mashable, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron’s and many more.
As an Email Marketing Specialist, you’ll work with the Marketing team to support our email and SMS messaging campaigns to consumers. You’ll work closely with our Director of Email Marketing to engage consumers that have used SmartAsset’s financial advisor matching tool. You’ll also participate in efforts to build newsletters around specific financial topics and increase consumer engagement with a range of personal finance content, tools and products.
- Assist in setting up, QA’ing and launching email automations across the user lifecycle to exploit incremental revenue opportunities while guiding users to SmartAsset’s free resources: award-winning personal finance writing, 20+ calculators, comparison rate tables, and more.
- Code and QA emails to ensure email renders in a user-friendly manner across various devices and that personalized logic functions as desired.
- Report performance of automations and their child campaigns (and SMS) and adjust strategy of underperforming campaigns.
- Develop ongoing strategies to optimize email performance, including segment, creative, and cadence testing.
- 3-5 years experience in email marketing
- Hands on experience with HTML, subscriber segmentation, and campaign development
- Strong analytical skills with ability to derive insights to inform program decisions
- Proficient with a variety of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel or equivalent
- Ability to manage competing priorities and execute responsibilities at a high level
- Results-focused ‘doer’ that wants to make a big impact on a rapidly growing business
- SQL experience a plus
- Virtual happy hours and team social activities
- Generous benefits package with cost of some medical and dental plans covered at 100%
- 401(k) plan with match that immediately vests
- Professional education reimbursement program
- Paid Parental Leave