Who We Are
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, and engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We are a Certified B Corporation® as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A and are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, QED Investors, and Flourish Ventures.
As Marketing Manager at Summer, you are an enthusiastic B2B marketing generalist, creating best-in-class work across all channels that generates qualified leads and helps define the Summer brand. You have a knack for applying consumer brand polish to the B2B world and you thrive in agile environments with autonomy, tackling paid advertising one day and content creation the next.
We are looking for someone with 3-5 years of professional experience, preferably at a high-growth company or startup in the financial wellbeing space. You will report to the Head of Marketing. Read on for role requirements:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with design, business development, and data analytics teams to develop impactful B2B campaigns tailored for our buyer personas and respective position in the customer lifecycle
- Own our marketing automation platform operations (HubSpot)
- Manage content creation and copyediting across all channels, calling on domain expert writers as needed
- Help manage the Summer newsletter, blog, paid advertising, event and website copy
- Own our event calendar, operations and sponsorships with little oversight needed
- Manage all content-related metrics with a focus on MQL and SQL conversions
- Create and manage end-user content for B2B2C end-user platform (Braze)
We will be evaluating your track record of building and scaling marketing efforts with a focus on storytelling and lead generation. Finally, we are excited to work with teammates who are equally passionate about applying their talents in a fast-paced startup environment to tackle a major social issue of our time: helping 45 million student loan borrowers on their debt journey.
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day: empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, and fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers.
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, 401(k) plans with an employer match, contribution toward student loan repayment, and flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!