Paid Media Marketing Associate
theSkimm’s Paid Media Marketing Associate will be joining our marketing team, which sits at the intersection of our product, brand and customers. We are a diverse group of fast-moving, hard working, data-driven, creative thinkers who thrive on launching and growing products our members will love. You’ll be a core member of our team, and your work will be critical to scaling our marketing and business initiatives this year.WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You’ll be supporting the Paid Marketing Manager with all aspects of our Paid Media/SEO strategy to reach, engage and convert new audiences for our newsletter, mobile app, website and other products. You’ll be building and managing campaigns, conducting channel reporting and research, and testing new platforms, creatives, and audiences.WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 2 years of experience in Paid Media Marketing with a focus on Paid Social
- Knowledge of digital media landscape, channels, and basic media formulas
- Highly motivated self-starter, a passion for numbers and no trouble multitasking
- Excellent presentation skills
- Passion for theSkimm brand and our products
- Accredited industry certifications - e.g. Google Ads (AdWords), Facebook Blueprint, Google Analytics
- Knowledge of search ranking/optimization factors and technical aspects of site management; experience with Google Search Console, Moz, SEMRush a plus
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches and monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches and a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.