PR Manager - LatAm
Who we are
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders - so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here
At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from your talented, super-smart teammates.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
A bit about the job
In the PR team, our job is to spread the TransferWise story far and wide. This could mean anything from announcing the latest product news with a bang, creating killer consumer campaigns that break the internet, or campaigning to change the law.
We’re now ready to start increasing awareness of TransferWise across Latin America. Today we’re a long long way from being a household name, but we have a product that’ll help millions and millions of people save millions and millions of dollars, pesos and reals.
Here’s where you come in...
Starting with Brazil, Argentina and Mexico, the role is to build a regional PR function from almost zero - establish relationships with journalists and key media, define how to localise our global story, devise & execute proactive campaigns at fast pace and be the go-to person for incoming and reactive work.
You’ll be part of our Global PR team with people on every continent, and based in NYC you’ll be working alongside the North America PR and marketing teams. But when it comes to LATAM you’re the first person thinking about PR here, so you’ll need to be independent, creative, self-motivated and decisive. A fantastic opportunity for the right person.
What you’ll be doing:
- Consumer Campaigns: Devising & executing creative awareness-driving campaigns in each key market. You’ll have a lot of freedom to bring your own ideas to life, and the opportunity to find and appoint agencies to help make this happen.
- Company Narrative: working closely with the LATAM product team, you’ll tell consumer across the region about great new features we’re launching, new markets we’re opening, and you’ll handle the local execution of global announcements
- Media Relations: Building a super strong network of contacts in the tech, business and consumer media sectors and establishing yourself as the company’s key point of contact for media in your market.
- Holding a budget and spending it wisely with substantial autonomy. And you’ll need to be able to figure out the impact of what you’re investing your time and money in.
Who are you?
- You’re truly passionate about the TransferWise mission.
- You’re fascinated by different cultures and have a naturally global mindset.
- You can write and speak English, Spanish and Portuguese fluently.
- You’re already working in a PR manager role, or in an agency where you’ve led accounts and been instrumental in the client’s success.
- You have an existing contacts book of relevant journalists in at least one of our key markets - Brazil, Argentina or Mexico, and you’re a natural hustler when it comes to building new contacts.
- You live and breathe consumer PR and you have endless stories of successful (and failed!) campaigns which you’ve led and work on.
- You live for the rush of nailing that hard-earned piece.
- You’re a technophile - you’re all over the latest apps and trends and you’re the one explaining to your friends how bitcoin works.
- You’re digital without question - you love and understand the power of traditional media but you understand how word spreads online and how to get the internet talking.
- You’re wildly creative, with a natural supersense for what makes a compelling story.
- You’re willing to get your hands dirty and go through walls to make things happen.
- You’ve led and inspired junior people before, and will be able to hire effectively when necessary.
- You understand that news moves quickly and you flourish in a fast-paced environment. As such, you’re organised and your attention to detail is second to none.
Want to know more?
To find out a bit more about what it’s like to work at TransferWise — plus a full run through of our employee benefits — visit our careers page.
Please note, at this time we are unable to sponsor US visas.