Product Marketing Manager
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm makes it easier to live a smarter life. We started as two friends on a couch and have since purchased more couches and gotten new friends, er... employees. Skimm HQ works hard but knows when to take breaks and when it's time to update the Spotify playlist. We drink the kool-aid but know we're drinking it. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
theSkimm’s marketing, analytics, product, and engineering teams are a group of fast-moving and creative thinkers who thrive on creating products Skimm’rs love. We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, and we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
As theSkimm's Product Marketing Manager you will:
- Develop product positioning and core messaging for products and what differentiates them by taking a data-driven, user-centric approach to explaining product values and features
- Develop the unique value positioning and product positioning for theSkimm’s subscription offerings
- Own the end to end communication strategy for theSkimm’s suite of products and across marketing channels (web pages, ad campaigns, O&O digital properties)
- Work cross functionally with marketing, analytics, and product to develop new content, new product offerings, and lifecycle communications
- Work to develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform both long and short-term product and marketing strategy
- Test marketing product features, releases, and ad copy
- Develop communications strategies that drive customer acquisition, engagement, and retention across the product suite by creating content and assets (branding, social, email, ad copy, and web) for marketing campaigns
- Follow and analyze market trends to continue to innovate with product and editorial on how to deliver content in new and unique ways
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 10+ years of full-time, professional experience in marketing. Roles in product marketing, positioning, email marketing, communication strategy
- Ability to break down complex digital products and explain them simply. Strong, written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with subscription businesses and mobile apps
- Familiarity with email marketing software and understanding HTML & CSS.
- Strong project management skills with experience developing and executing marketing strategy successfully while collaborating cross-functionally.
- Experience working directly with UX designers, product and engineering teams
- An ability to prioritize your time and focus in a fast-paced environment
- Empathy, with an ability to understand consumer needs and motivations
- Strong ability to execute and get sh*t done
- Attention to detail
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Experience with digital, mobile, social media marketing
- Knowledge of agency environment
- Thrive in a cross functional setting and can lead in a highly dynamic and evolving environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Free 'Headspace' Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through 'Carrot Fertility'
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY