Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $85M in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
We’re seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager to own our new user experience and nurture strategy. The ideal candidate has an analytical nature, passion for understanding user behavior, and a knack for creating compelling narratives. Reporting to the head of Product Marketing, you will lead the positioning and go-to-market strategies that help users engage with our products, develop habits, and become more committed learners. You’ll also use your analytical skills and creativity to help execute multi-channel campaigns that drive acquisition and elevate the Codecademy brand. While the role will initially be focused on engagement and lifecycle efforts, it also provides a unique opportunity to support new long-term strategic projects, including international GTM strategy and audience expansion efforts.
- Own the go-to-market launch planning to ensure successful launches for new and existing products and features.
- Work with channel marketers, creative, and sales to build and optimize onboarding, engagement, and adoption programs that include measurable goals and outcomes.
- Partner with Product and Content to oversee the execution of content that can help nurture users and drive engagement and trial.
- Refine our personas and partner with Data Science and Product to identify segmentation criteria that allow us to connect our marketing efforts to our personas.
- Conduct and synthesize user research, competitive research, and industry and market trends.
- Collaborate with the Acquisition and Conversion Product Managers to articulate the user journey and identify key user insights to focus the product roadmap on the largest business opportunities.
- Work with our Project Manager to manage campaign processes and timelines and develop processes that help business and marketing collaborate more effectively.
- Monitor, analyze, and optimize marketing campaigns to achieve goals. This includes real-time monitoring as well as longer-term reviews to gauge how leads are maturing through the funnel.
- Utilize best practices, campaign analysis tools, and hypothesis testing to continually improve campaign performance. Communicate results and learnings with all stakeholders.
- 4-6 years of product marketing or integrated marketing experience; some experience in consumer technology preferred.
- Experience leading the strategy and execution of integrated marketing campaigns and product launches.
- Experience articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop strong product positioning and messaging hierarchy and work with partner teams to infuse into a holistic marketing and content strategy plan.
- A knack for finding creative, fresh ways to explain traditional ideas. Passionate storyteller with strong writing skills and the ability to distill complex ideas into simple concepts.
- Strong empathy for the end user. Obsession with understanding user problems and needs. Experience developing personas and audience targeting strategies.
- Strong analytical skills, including familiarity and understanding of Google Analytics, Looker, or similar tools.
- Experience doing qualitative and quantitative user research and documenting and evangelizing user insights across the company.
- Ability to independently drive multiple projects at a time, meet tight deadlines, and push projects further than expected.
- Extremely strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of partners.
- International experience strongly preferred
- SQL or other data analytics experience to complement analytics tools experience
- Experience launching a new product line or major business initiative from the ground up.
- Experience working in high-growth, start-up environments.
- Previous subscription, SaaS, or edtech experience.
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through coding education.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.