Retention Marketing Specialist (Email Marketing)
Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About this Position:
The Retention Marketing Specialist will be a critical role on the Performance Marketing team. This person will be responsible for building B2B email, social and content programs that create engaging experiences driven by personalization, compelling content and education. You will be responsible to test, learn, measure and monitor all activations and continuously optimize to improve performance and KPIs. You’ll work closely with the Demand Generation Managers on your team and cross-functionally with creative, sales, product and web engineering teams to align on campaign requirements. Ultimately, your goal is to create content through various channels to keep prospects and customers activated and interested. The ideal candidate should be passionate about driving innovation and performance and be detail-oriented, results-driven, and a dependable team player.
- Strategize, build and launch campaigns in our marketing automation platform. This includes managing at every step - concept, content creation, build and segmentation
- Own organic social media content calendar, collaborating across marketing to ensure content is curated for LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook organic feeds on a regular basis
- Execution of email drip campaigns including setup, deployment, testing, measurement and optimization
- Manage distribution to our external content hub (Foursquare Intersections) and assist with the development of content creation with freelance copywriters
- Building post-campaign analysis for all relevant stakeholders that shares performance, recommendations and clear next steps
- Partner with Demand Generation Manager and Director of Performance Marketing to strategize and execute campaigns to optimize marketing funnel for B2B lead generation efforts from top of funnel to reverse funnel
- Work with our internal design and external coding agency to create visually engaging and captivating experience via email, web, social and content
- 3-5+ years relevant experience in marketing with email or content marketing as your main area of focus
- Experience with a B2B marketing automation tool (such as Pardot or Marketo) and content marketing tools (such as Contently)
- Attention to detail, time management skills, impeccable grammar and the ability to prioritize projects effectively to meet deadlines
- Clear understanding of content marketing best practices, especially through mediums like email and social media
- Strong communication skills with a natural ability to follow through and report performance to from an entry level audience to senior leadership
- Nimble and agile team player with ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where direction and goals can pivot quickly to meet business objectives
- Avid communication with a natural attention to detail and solutions-oriented mindset
- Quantitative and data-driven thinking to marketing ideation, planning and execution
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant areas
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.