Senior Associate, Demand Planning
We are looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative person to join our demand planning team. This person will be responsible for forecasting Harry’s rapidly expanding sales channels. They will support the company’s objectives to develop a best practices S&OP process, improve forecasting accuracy, standardize our processes and leverage new tools such as statistical forecasting. They will work in close collaboration with the broader supply chain teams and have frequent interaction with multiple company departments globally. This is also an opportunity that affords significant exposure to and impact on senior-level operations, finance and strategy for a high-growth consumer brand. The role is based in our New York office and requires occasional travel.
About the Team:
The global demand planning team at Harry’s is responsible for continuously improving the forecasting process to drive measurable company goals and is part of the global supply chain organization. This team plays a critical role in ensuring efficient operational performance and in enabling senior management to make business-optimizing decisions through the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
Own the monthly Harry’s forecasting process for specified channels:
- Be the expert on the drivers behind your channels by running monthly cross-functional meetings to gather information from stakeholders across the company
- Develop forecasting accuracy KPIs and drive improved forecasting accuracy through exception management and adjustments to forecast models.
- Working in a rolling 18 month horizon, collaborate with supply planning, FP&A and distribution & logistics teams to determine the downstream implications of demand forecasts
- Support CPFR (collaborative, planning, forecasting & replenishment) efforts with external partners to sync on demand forecasts, inventory strategy and other operational elements.
- Managing by exception using ABC SKU segmentation, develop root cause analysis and forward actions for demand forecasting issues by SKU, channel, DC and customer.
Manage projects that improve the accuracy and efficiency of our forecasting efforts:
- Prepare various key forecast accuracy reports as well as diagnostic measures to analyze and recommend courses of action for the operational forecast
- Report key performance indicators to the Executive team including a summary of findings from error rate and bias indicators with insights and recommendations
- Support the transition from Excel-based forecasting to a new demand planning statistical software platform
Work cross-functionally with different level of the organization in UK, New York and Germany:
- Collaborate with the sales, marketing, product and R&D teams to develop forecasts for new product launches
- Work with the strategy and commercial teams on launches in new channels.
- Work closely with the FP&A team on the annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting processes
- Work with the FP&A, strategy, commercial and supply chain teams on revenue gap closure initiatives and defining key risks and opportunities.
- Have significant exposure to the Harry’s senior leadership and act as a thought partner on special projects and key business decisions
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferably in a related field (supply chain, engineering, statistics, finance, etc.)
- 2-4 years of experience in demand planning, sales planning, supply chain, or other business operations function
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience using demand planning and ERP software a plus
- Ability to manipulate data and insights to make recommendations
- Rigorously detail-oriented and produces exceptional deliverables
- Excellent ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to drive cross-functional consensus and results in the day-to-day business
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Motivated to learn; asks insightful questions and fully embraces working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Sense of humor
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.