Senior Associate, Growth at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking an innovative, execution-focused Senior Associate in Growth who manages initiatives that will drive growth, strategy, and corporate development to support Cityblock’s mission to radically improve the health of communities across the US. In this role, you will support the identification and engagement of Cityblock’s commercial partners (i.e., health plans and risk-bearing providers), collaborate on individual partnership pursuits for multi-million dollar annual revenue contracts, and help define corporate strategies aligned with Cityblock’s growth objectives and mission. Your responsibilities, among others, will include financial modeling, deal structuring, negotiation support, project management, strategy development and development of high-quality materials and collateral for executive-level stakeholders. The optimal candidate learns quickly, takes initiative, displays an analytical mindset, communicates exceptionally well, and works collaboratively with all team members.
If you like solving hard problems, have deep experience gathering information, analyzing data, synthesizing findings and communicating with executive audiences in healthcare settings, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, we want to hear from you!
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare industry or health related field with experience in financial analysis, strategy, executive communication and story-lining (startup, management consulting, payer/provider, VC, PE, banking).
- Strategic, first principles orientation to solving problems
- Experience in rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis and can build models and analyses from scratch
- Exposure to value-based care models and the national payer and risk-bearing provider landscape, as well as digital health trends and new entrants
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships with external stakeholders
- Project/process management skills and success in a dynamic environment: rigorous, energetic, agile, and flexible
- Willing to travel as needed (Post-COVID, from 0% to 25% on week-by-week variable basis) to perform essential duties
How We Define Success:
- Support growth team in driving top-line revenue with new partners and support ongoing relationship management and growth within existing partners
- Manage external relationships, represent Cityblock externally and support Cityblock’s refinement of storytelling value proposition to external audiences
- Complete deal financial analysis, member cohort analysis, and other market entry business case development analytically
- Manage sales pipeline to ensure new business deals move through pipeline to execution
- Work closely in collaboration with legal, actuarial staff and operators to ensure input into growth projects, and support hand-off of new deals to implementation and operations teams
- Develop market-entry strategies for new markets by building a deep understanding of market dynamics (competitive, financial, partners)
- Develop materials for external meetings including market research, policy research, synthesis of deal structures and value-based care offering
- Analyze and compile research to develop growth strategies for new market entry
- Promote and thrive within a metrics driven culture, with consistent targets and forecasting
- Contribute to and lead other Cityblock efforts related to Growth as needed
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Strong eye for design and the ability to create high-quality production content
- Start-up experience
- Experience in management consulting, finance, impact investing
- Experience working with healthcare payers and providers
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.