Senior Data Scientist, Marketing at Peloton
The Marketing Analytics team at Peloton is a full-stack team responsible for data, analytics and predictive modeling to accelerate and optimize connected fitness membership growth across all marketing channels. The team consists of 3 functional areas: Analytics Engineering, Marketing Science, and Product Marketing Analytics.
Peloton is looking for a talented individual to join the Channel Optimization team within the broader Marketing Science function. The Senior Marketing Scientist will partner with our Lifecycle Marketing team to engage our leads and members in impactful and meaningful ways, and play a critical part in advancing our capabilities to personalize lifecycle communication and ultimately drive incremental sales across our Connected Fitness portfolio.
The ideal candidate combines world-class analytical/modeling skills and outstanding business acumen to lead application of customer models, experimental design and best-in-class measurement tools across our marketing teams.
- Partner with lifecycle marketing on measurement of channel reporting and incremental performance to understand and optimize email campaigns.
- Perform deep dive analyses and communicate channel learnings and actionable insights across business stakeholders.
- Build up customer segmentation capabilities in CRM channels to personalize customer communication journeys across lifecycle channels. You’ll get a chance to deploy advanced data models that will enhance our segmentation, personalization, and targeting capabilities to drive incremental performance in our lifecycle channels.
- Lead experimental design for A/B and multivariate tests in lifecycle channels to optimize engagement and conversion.
- Design and maintain CRM data infrastructure with the Analytics Engineering team by translating business requirements from stakeholders to data models that will enable reporting, dashboards and segmentation through our CDP to appropriate CRM channels.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field.
- 4-6 years of marketing analytics experience with extensive knowledge in CRM or lifecycle marketing functions with strong analytical grasp of ecommerce and lifecycle channel measurement KPIs.
- Expertise in SQL and working with structured and unstructured data-sets, as well as data visualization technologies such as Looker or Tableau.
- Working knowledge of a scripting language (e.g. Python, R) and experience operationalizing advanced data models (regression, segmentation, clustering, and other predictive or machine learning models) from exploration, modeling, testing to performance evaluation.
- Experience designing and analyzing A/B testing and lifecycle marketing experiments.
- Comfortable with spreadsheet and presentation tools (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills presenting to and influencing cross-functional leaders, especially through distilling technical matters into clear and concise explanations.
- Strong plus: operational experience with CRM tools such as Customer Data Platforms (CDP) and email service providers (ESP).
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.