As the Senior Director of Growth Marketing at Skillshare, you’ll lead efforts to grow, engage, and retain our vibrant global user base. We’re growing rapidly and excited to welcome a creative, analytical marketing leader to drive our paid marketing into the next phase of scale. Reporting to the VP of Growth and overseeing a growing team, your work will have a direct impact on the success of our business and company trajectory.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee growth, acquisition, and retention efforts (inclusive of strategy, execution and testing) with a multi-million dollar budget across paid search, paid social, affiliate marketing, referrals, influencer marketing, podcasts, and more
- Manage and develop a team of four, with a lot of growth ahead in 2021
- Expand into new digital channels, platforms, audiences and content through rapid testing
- Build upon current channel analytics to track and report performance, including budget tracking and forecasting across paid channels
- Establish CAC goals, as well as manage traffic, conversion and LTV
- Work effectively with Engineering, Product and Finance teams to execute paid channel priorities
- Work with the influencer team to optimize influencer / agency partnerships and align on strategy, budgets, goals, and testing plans
- Manage a growing network of contractors and freelancers
- Effectively communicate results and analysis to relevant stakeholders
Why we’re excited about you:
- You have a proven track record of driving user acquisition through strategy, budgeting, forecasting, and measuring performance across a variety of paid channels
- You have strong business acumen with the ability to think strategically and creatively, evidenced by having effectively managed multi-million dollar budgets
- You have deep knowledge of attribution and ROI analyses, especially for complex funnels
- You’re highly analytical and proficient with business intelligence tools such as Chartio, Looker, etc.
- You have a pulse on digital marketing trends – and know how to deliver compelling recommendations and strategies for testing and measuring new paid channels
- You have experience managing agency and third-party relationships
- You’re a strong manager with team-building experience, and a track record of attracting and retaining great talent
- You’re proactive, collaborative, organized, and a natural problem solver – you’re excited by growth stage environments and not happy waiting for someone to tell you exactly what to do
- You’re a persuasive presenter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: There aren’t many venture-backed startups with high growth rates, a strong platform and subscription-driven business model, AND a powerful social impact.
- Growth: You’ll be directly responsible for creating scalable, robust growth strategies that have a major impact on the bottom line of our business.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC (#BI-Remote) and Crain’s, one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.