Senior Director, Marketing IT at Peloton
The Peloton Enterprise Systems team is seeking a talented and experienced IT Leader with an established record of success in both fast-growing startups and mature corporate organizations to lead the Marketing Technology and Operations work as required to support Acquisition Marketing, Retention Marketing, Lead and Account Management, Marketing Analytics, and integration to the Revenue & Membership team.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Director, Marketing IT, you will partner with Peloton’s Marketing Leadership team to manage core service offerings for the marketing function. You will develop roadmaps alongside the Marketing teams to assure Enterprise Class solutions and then execute against them. You will manage business relationships with team members from individual contributors to senior stakeholders. You will be responsible for all communications, coordination, project and program delivery, enhancements, and operational support, change management, people management and continuous service improvement to these communities.
More about you:
You have career experience in a large B2C enterprise. You create great relationships with your stakeholders and have a bias for action. You also have a deep knowledge of best--in-class Marketing Technology stacks and best practice business processes. You can talk with Business and Technology leaders with equal fluidity. You are knowledgeable about contemporary marketing technologies including Customer Data Platforms (CDP) and Marketing Automation Platforms ().
More about the opportunity:
This role reports to the VP of G&A Systems who oversees the end-to-end IT activities for Finance and Marketing throughout the organization. The Sr. Director, Marketing IT will lead a nimble staff of IT employees and vendors through strategic initiatives, application assessments, and service/support management activities.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be a part of an evolving IT organization, a results-oriented and global organization with ownership over a portfolio that delivers direct value to these organizational stakeholders and Peloton overall. The ideal profile of this position calls for a flexible and well-rounded leader with strategic, operational and project management experience – someone who is self-motivated, detail-oriented, collaborative, and has strong customer relationship management capabilities.
- Partner with our Marketing communities to drive our global business and technology roadmaps forward, including being the primary point of contact for the SVPs of Acquisition and Lifecycle Marketing, and Membership.
- Define and execute on an aligned vision of future Enterprise class Marketing Technology architecture and integrations to improve data quality, enable our business teams to be nimbler and more effective.
- Provide broad understanding of marketing technologies (MarTech) and integrations of customer data platforms (CDPs) to consumer facing applications such as customer experience hubs, emails, chat bots, web personalization, support centers and analytics tools.
- Build, develop and manage our team of Marketing IT technologists, primarily systems analysts and developers
- Develop rolling 2–3-year strategic roadmaps to deliver on Marketing KPIs and reduce pain points
- Ensure success of cross-functional programs by delivering on scope, timeline, budget, data quality, change management, and transition of the program into ongoing support
- Communicate status to execs and director-level staff, and ensure alignment on priorities
- Oversee Marketing-facing scrum teams.
- Form strong working relationships across the company with Marketing staff that run the core Marketing processes locally, regionally, and globally, and with your Peloton peers in IT and beyond
- Develop work plans and manage day-to-day team activities including analysis, recommendations, and implementations.
- Build and earn the trust of developers and analysts
- Achieve effective use of outside vendors and ensure the highest quality of service is being supplied.
- Maintain vendor relationships for all vendors in the Marketing space.
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders through effective communication, resulting in stakeholder buy-in.
- 2+ of Senior Marketing IT Leadership experience at a large B2C enterprise
- 5+ years of related experience in an IT or Marketing Technology or Operations management position
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in an IT or Marketing Technology or Operations role responsible for driving global process and system change
- Proven ability and success in leading challenging technical, custom and package software implementation projects on a global level
- Experience in successfully implementing global change
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field
- Successful track record of delivering global projects with measurable business impact
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proven success in effective virtual team and people management
- Balance of strong business process knowledge and experience implementing mix of custom and package software to meet business needs
- Common knowledge of contemporary marketing software packages is preferred
- Proficiency with Google Workspace
- Exposure to Jira and Confluence is a plus
- Exposure to Smartsheet
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) – other languages would be beneficial
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.