Senior Marketing Manager, Music & Instructor at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Peloton brand is one of the most special brands in the world. Our mission is to use technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. Peloton’s values inform everything we do, from product strategy, to hiring, to decision-making.
- Put Members First - Design with a user-centered mindset. Obsess over every touchpoint of the member experience.
- Operate with a bias for action - Challenge the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Take risks, fail fast and learn from past failures.
- Empower teams of smart creatives - Hire the best and get out of the way. Think and act like owners. Stay lean, scrappy and creative.
- Together we go far - Build a diverse and inclusive community. Uphold the obligation to dissent and listen. Presume trust and be transparent.
Peloton is looking for a Senior Strategic Marketing Manager to join the Global Marketing team to help us tell the Peloton story and its connection to music. This candidate will report to the VP, Strategic Marketing working directly with cross-functional teams, including Music, Content, Creative, Insights, Product Marketing, Apparel, to deliver on integrated music and instructor campaigns and partnerships that help shape and define the Peloton brand for years to come. The ideal candidate will have a passion for music and fitness, with expertise delivering cross-functional marketing programs for some of the world’s best brands, and music marketing experience delivering campaigns for major artists, releases and artist/brand integrations.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience leading high-profile music marketing programs, and knows how to leverage the intersection of fitness, music and culture.
- Can act as a brand lead across the organization and a strategic, path-defining voice for a business that is rapidly changing and growing.
- Can work closely with our content and world class instructor team, to deepen engagement among our existing members, and create connections with those new to Peloton
- Has demonstrated the ability to lead integrated marketing teams to build global, highly complex, cross-functional programs that deliver on business and brand objectives.
- Is an independent, strategic, and creative thinker, who can filter opportunities and creative work through the lens of what’s right for the business.
- Thrives on getting a deeper understanding of Peloton’s consumer and can generate insight-driven, global marketing campaigns from consumer research.
- Has consistently demonstrated the ability to build efficient global programs and campaigns that resonate locally.
- Has authored strategic marketing briefs and partnered with internal creative teams and external creative agencies leading to best-in-class campaigns.
- 6+ years of experience at a brand, label, creative agency or both. The ideal candidate has managed, integrated, highly complex, and cross-functional omni-channel marketing campaigns from scratch.
- Familiarity with the latest trends in fitness technology and a passion for music and its ability to impact business and culture.
- Demonstrated ability translating consumer insights into actionable and compelling marketing and creative strategy.
- End-to-end project management experience delivering high-profile, large budget projects efficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You have experience presenting to leadership teams, writing tactical briefs from scratch, and building relationships with external and internal partners.
- Self-starter with a commitment to working cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent relationship building skills with a demonstrated ability to influence key internal and external partners and core working teams.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.