Senior Marketing Manager
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm makes it easier to live a smarter life. We started as two friends on a couch and have since purchased more couches and gotten new friends, er... employees. Skimm HQ works hard but knows when to take breaks and when it's time to update the Spotify playlist. We drink the kool-aid but know we're drinking it. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
theSkimm’s marketing is a small group of fast-moving and creative thinkers who thrive on contributing to the launch and development of products Skimm’rs love. As we grow, we're looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to partner with our Head of Marketing by driving and influencing a Skimm'rs end to end experience with our brand. This role is key to scaling our marketing team, hitting key business objectives and requires both the ability to work cross-functionally and a deep understanding of key marketing functions that drive overall success, including brand marketing, content marketing, product marketing, and loyalty marketing.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Own and execute go-to-market plans for new product launches, consumer marketing campaigns and activations.
- Owning the theSkimm’s messaging cross-platform, that includes paid marketing, product marketing, digital marketing, and content marketing, while ensuring that messaging aligns with theSkimm brand's mission and voice.
- Partner on optimizing messaging with a focus on acquisition, loyalty and retention, and maximizing revenue
- Partner with internal teams, including Sales, Partnerships, and Integrated Marketing, to execute consumer marketing plans from concept through to launch
- Help to develop and execute brand marketing initiatives.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 7-8 years of full-time, professional experience in marketing, preferably in content marketing, consumer, or brand marketing
- Strong project management skills with experience developing and executing marketing strategies successfully
- You know how to collaborate and work cross-functionally
- You have experience working with in-house product, engineering and design teams
- You have strong written communication and copywriting skills
- You’re digital marketing first and understand the digital landscape
- You’re passionate about theSkimm's brand and products
- Strong ability to execute and get sh*t done
- You’re detail oriented, but don’t sweat the small stuff
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Free 'Headspace' Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through 'Carrot Fertility'
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY