Senior Product Marketing Manager, Retirement Specialist at Betterment
Betterment for Business is a 401(k) service built from the ground up with the needs of the modern employee in mind. It's selected by employers who want to offer their employees tailored and smart financial advice that will help them create a more secure future. Betterment for Business is powered by Betterment's proprietary, smart technology that automates and optimizes asset allocation to enhance financial wellness. As a fiduciary that is independent of the funds it invests in, Betterment believes that everyone has the fundamental right to expert financial advice. In addition to the core investing services, Betterment’s platform includes Betterment Everyday—Betterment’s cash management suite which offers a checking account, debit card, and high-yield account. Headquartered in New York City and created by the largest independent robo-advisor, Betterment for Business is used by leading employers like Casper and Boxed. For more information, visit www.betterment.com/401k.
401(k) plan administration services provided by Betterment for Business LLC. Investment advice to plans and plan participants provided by Betterment LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser. Brokerage services provided to clients of Betterment LLC by Betterment Securities, an SEC registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/SIPC. Betterment LLC and Betterment Securities are affiliates of Betterment for Business LLC.About the Role:
Betterment is looking for a marketer to function as our resident 401(k) expert—someone who lives and breathes 401(k) plans, plan features/services, and plan design—and appreciates the nuances of communicating to the various stakeholders in the 401(k) value chain (advisors, plan sponsors and participants). The right candidate is a seasoned marketer, strong writer, and effective communicator who is able to simplify complex concepts for both internal and external audiences.
As our Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Retirement Specialist, you will be responsible for utilizing your 401(k) and retirement expertise to more effectively market our 401(k) product, working closely with marketing, PR, sales, customer success, content, and product teams. Our goal is to bring more employers (and by extension more employees) into the Betterment family, thereby helping to make people’s lives better.
This role is remote eligible. Colorado has an annual starting salary of $121,500, a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, and a 401(k) offering. This job may also be eligible for variable compensation in the form of an incentive bonus. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience.A Day in the Life:
- Develop a thorough perspective on the 401(k) product, working to simplify and communicate regulatory updates to plan sponsors and participants
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and client success to develop and edit 401(k) and retirement content for both employers and employees, aiming to enable sales and relationship managers and drive plan participation
- Work with product marketing to help inform positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategy for new products and partnerships
- Drive deeper engagement with plan sponsors and plan participants to improve 401(k) adoption, participation, and deferral rates
- Manage, maintain, iterate on and share 401(k) content and collateral, including website, pitch deck and sales and client success collateral
- Track and report on key metrics, adjusting messages and content to improve results
- Work with research and analytics teams to understand voice of the customer and develop clear insights
- Extensive B2B marketing experience with a strong focus in the 401(k)/retirement/defined contribution space
- Deep understanding of 401(k) plan administration
- Experience at a technology and/or SaaS company a definite plus
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when working cross functionally or with senior leadership
- Scrappy, nimble and resourceful. You must be able to work collaboratively to find creative solutions to unique challenges and demonstrate authority and expertise
- Experience with Hubspot, Salesforce, and Google Analytics
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, benefit packages that fit your needs (infertility and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits available), flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 4-6 weeks to complete the interview process. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.Come join us!We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. #LI-Remote #BI-Remote