Senior Product Marketing Manager, Storage & Databases
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about simplifying cloud technology to make it more accessible to developers and SMBs to enable modern app development
We are looking for a very collaborative and technical product marketer to work cross functionally with the marketing, product, and success teams to clearly and simply identify and communicate the benefits of DigitalOcean storage and managed database products to developers and SMBs around the globe. You will own and drive the overall plans around go-to-market, messaging, positioning, sales enablement and strategic partnerships.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Connect market and customer data to draw insights to effectively market our storage and managed databases products
- Inform product design with your knowledge of the market opportunities and competitive landscape for cloud storage and database products and services
- As we expand our product and features and addressable market:
- Develop product positioning and messaging
- Develop a comprehensive product marketing strategy for the portfolio
- Plan and manage execution of multi-channel campaigns for product and feature launches
- Develop product-specific content to drive revenue growth including solutions marketing, online workshops, blogs, customer stories (video and written), and presentations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure growth in awareness, adoption/usage and revenue is delivered to meet and beat the storage and databases goals
- Direct interaction with the DigitalOcean leadership team
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Track record of success in marketing to developers, startups, and digital businesses in a product marketing or product management role
- Demonstrated ability to influence up and cross-functionally
- Well equipped to balance quantitative evidence and qualitative factors to quickly test and learn, but with ability to make decisions with uncertainty or imperfect data
- Strong advocate of the customers’ point of view and requirements
- Demonstrated team leadership, organizational and collaborative communication skills
- Startup experience strongly preferred; entrepreneurial spirit a must
- Strong track record in thriving in a highly energetic, fast moving environment
- Experience in the infrastructure, cloud services, and development is a major plus
- Managed GTM activities for at least two launches of products designed for developers or businesses
- Experience talking with developers in their own language
- Experience developing business and technical product positioning for multiple personas
- Experience marketing developer-focused products, such as PaaS, IaaS, developer tools or platforms
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a business field with courses or demonstrated knowledge of a technical field, such as computer science, engineering or mathematics. MBA is a plus.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!