VP, Brand & Corporate Marketing at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent; all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 2,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $100 million in venture funding.
We’re looking for a corporate marketing leader who is a master at marketing, messaging, pr, customer stories, video, and design. This individual will grow our team of creative professionals, delivering campaigns that delight, and finding ways to maximize business impact. It’s an exciting opportunity because OwnBackup has amazing customers and traction across geographies, verticals, and company size. This is an opportunity to amplify our reach and capitalize on a huge addressable market.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Build Our Brand - This position is for developing and implementing a cohesive, integrated, and strategic marketing plan to support OwnBackup’s corporate objectives. We’ve got a solid messaging foundation and design system to build upon. As the keeper of the brand, you’ll be irresponsible for ensuring consistency and quality across our various customer and employee touchpoints.
- Extend Our Message - There is a much bigger story to tell at OwnBackup than most people realize, and it is one that is growing as we expand into new ecosystems and products. Through thought leadership, PR and participation in partner opportunities, your job will be to help shape the company’s narrative. This may include the management of contractors and a public relations agency.
- Turn OwnBackup into a Media Company - Our CEO has invested heavily into infrastructure to produce and broadcast video. It’s our job to identify, direct, and produce a stream of high-quality content including live broadcasts, demo videos, and customer stories.
- Keep Our Customers at the Heart of our Message - We’ve got an amazing team managing our reference program and want to make the investment to develop inspirational stories and bring the community together. This role will expand the development of our customer advocacy and referral program, and other touchpoints to understand market needs and readiness.
- Pipeline, Pipeline, Pipeline - Partnering with our Demand Gen, Marketing Ops, Field Marketing, and ABM teams, we’ve all got to prioritize investments that let us hit ever increasing pipeline targets.
- BA or BS from an accredited university in a related field, but preferably within marketing or business
- MBA is preferred but not required
- 10+ years experience working for a rapidly growing SaaS company (Experience with Salesforce or Salesforce partner is a significant bonus)
- 5+ years proven experience leading creative teams and developing differentiated campaigns and messaging
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an eye for design
- Strong people leadership and management capabilities that inspire, manage performance and develop talent
- Proven leadership experience carrying out marketing efforts, including planning, prioritizing, and implementing defined corporate strategies that include lead generation, target market coverage, sentiment, and referenceable customers
- Experience in building brand awareness and recognition
- Reputable marketing leader and a highly effective and experienced public speaker
- Strong communication skills, including press and agency relationships for PR and thought leadership distribution
- Entrepreneurial and work well in a rapidly changing environment
- Customer-centric and can identify and meet OwnBackup’s customer needs using an accessible voice that drives awareness and adoption of OwnBackup’s products, partnerships, and services
- Experience working cross-functionally to ensure marketing programs are in line with company objectives, and socialized accordingly
- Metrics driven and have the ability to draw insight from complex marketing data and work closely with business or marketing operation teams or analysts in the past
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.