VP, Revenue Marketing at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
Reporting to the CMO, the VP of Revenue Marketing will be accountable for creating and executing a scalable marketing strategy across the customer lifecycle to achieve aggressive self-serve revenue and sales pipeline targets. The successful candidate is an experienced marketing leader with a proven track record of building high performance teams to deliver sustainable results.They thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a reputation for creating alignment with sales, delivering value for internal and external partner, and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration and shared success. DemandGen, Growth Marketing and Marketing Technology Operations report into this leader.We want people who are passionate about engaging communities of developers.
The ideal candidate has a passion for forecasting and delivering predictable and scalable self-service revenue and sales pipeline throughout the entire buyer's journey. They are accountable for KPIs and quotas that align directly to corporate revenue goals. They have proven success collaborating with cross-functional marketing teams as well as working with related product, sales and finance teams to envision, pilot, execute, and measure closed-loop integrated marketing programs that create a sense of urgency for the buyer and deliver significant revenue growth for the company. This VP of Revenue Marketing can be remote-based anywhere in the USA.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead DemandGen, Growth Marketing, and Marketing Technology Operations teams, while collaborating closely with website, field and event marketing, content teams
- Forecasting and managing marketing budget, selecting and managing vendors, prioritizing and running multiple initiatives simultaneously and partnering with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to deliver full-funnel campaigns, nurtures and programs that deliver measurable results
- Accountable for defining and execute an omni-channel marketing plan, marketing technology stack, marketing analytics and segmentation, modeling, managing marketing budget, goals and KPIs to achieve new customer growth targets
- Highly creative and a strong communicator who is adept at leading creation of marketing programs to reach and appeal to specific personas and audience segments
- Partner with sales, product and FP&A executives to define, evolve and communicate marketing plans and performance to goal as market dynamics evolve to ensure alignment of goals, objectives and strategies with direct and indirect revenue plans
- Drive teams to innovate, pilot, challenge, measure and track performance of marketing activities, programs and mix to effectively achieve key pipeline metrics
- Regularly monitor, analyze, report and present on campaign and KPI performance, regional success, deliverables and programs among teams and to the executive team
- Significant growth marketing leadership experience in SaaS, applications or software marketing. HR, Finance or other Line of Business marketing is a plus
- BA/BS degree, MA, MS or MBA preferred
- Experience with marketing automation (Marketo) and sales automation/CRM (Salesforce.com) reporting and campaign features and marketing intelligence tools along with understanding of how to implement and measure Demand Generation and Website performance
- Creative thinker with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior success leading teams through market expansion and periods of high growth and rapid change
- Experience in a successful startup or emerging growth technology company that markets to developers is an asset
- Organized with strong time management, and project management skills
- Agile self-starter, with a growth mindset
- Leads by influence, empowers teams and develops employees and creates an environment where team members are encouraged to take risks and innovate to improve programs, processes, personal skills and customer experience
- Results focused with strong prioritization skills and “win as a team” mentality
- Customer focused, collaborative, self-aware, servant leader who contributes to and thrives in a culture of trust, transparency, initiative, respect, enthusiasm, fun, accountability and the ownership principle that the company’s success is my success
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!