Abstraction Operations Coordinator
Flatiron’s mission is to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. We do this by organizing the world’s oncology information and making it useful for patients, physicians, life science companies and investigators to use in order to accelerate research and improve the quality of care. We are building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the country on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
Much of the available, real-world clinical data is unstructured and stored across thousands of disconnected community clinics, medical centers and hospitals. We have a large team of abstractors - primarily nurses, tumor registrars and clinical research professionals - who help us convert unstructured data to structured data by extracting key data points from from clinical documents. Abstractors work remotely via our proprietary web-based software, where they abstract data across multiple diseases according to documented policies and procedures (P&Ps).
The Abstraction Operations Coordinator will interact closely with the remote abstractors as well as members of Clinical Abstraction, Finance, IT and People Ops teams and will report to the Manager of Abstraction Operations.
- Oversee the abstractor onboarding workflow including: creating accounts, sending instructional emails, following up with candidates and fielding logistical questions
- Assist in general management of the abstractor workforce, including: entering abstractor data and tracking progress, triaging and answering abstractor questions, monitoring abstractor availability, and offboarding
- Support the Finance Team in the abstractor payroll process, including answering abstractor questions
- Manage team calendars, assist with planning for recurring team meetings, and support travel scheduling/event planning for remote team members
- Independently support special projects, as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years in an operations or tactical role
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Comfortable analyzing data with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Ease with learning new software systems/tools
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Passionate about healthcare and the fight against cancer
Nice to have:
- Startup experience
- Healthcare experience
- Experience with SQL