We’re looking for DoorDash Dasher Experience Specialist (DES)s to help support the local Dasher community in the Manhattan area. In this role, you will help new Independent Contractors sign up to Dash, enhance the Dasher experience, and drive operational success for the Dasher community through a mix of people skills and problem solving.
As a Dasher Experience Specialist (DES), you will be responsible for funneling Dashers through the Independent Contractor funnel, and empowering Dashers in communities where DoorDash operates. We're looking for superstars who can operate independently, move fast, and get things done. We want people who love being challenged and are excited by the idea of growing a career with DoorDash. If this sounds like you – read on!
- Sales: Activate and inspire the next generation of Dashers using a mix of online and in-person materials
- Service: Clearly answer questions & resolve issues for Dashers who visit or contact the office
- Office Management: General administration and inventory tracking while maintaining a clean and presentable office space
- Project Management: Perform various high-impact tasks and projects
- Make a Difference: Change lives for the better by providing people the freedom to earn their own incomes on their own time frames!
- People person - people gravitate toward you because you’re so sociable.
- You thrive in public speaking settings and can motivate others.
- You are able to talk to anyone and provide great customer service experiences.
- Multitasking Extraordinaire - you have no problem juggling multiple tasks and Dashers at once, and you love improving processes to make things work smoothly.
- Tech comfortable - you’re comfortable learning new software and using many different programs to manage the activations of new Dashers with ease.
- Helping hand - you enjoy helping others and are willing to go above and beyond.
- Highly motivated self-starter - you have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Ready to grow - This is an entry level position; you should be passionate about building your personal skill set, both hard and soft skills. You’re excited to grow with DoorDash.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong public speaking and written communication skills
- Sales experience
- Top-level interpersonal skills and customer service experience
- Proven time management skills: multitasking, prioritizing, and accomplishing goals
- Extremely reliable and trustworthy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly motivated, positive, and passionate about DoorDash
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- High proficiency with Google Sheets/MS Office Suite
- Previous management/leadership experience
- Strong project management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
- Do you speak more than one language?
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Job Type: Part Time: Saturday-Wednesday
Salary: $15 /hour
Job Types: Temporary Part Time, Permanent offer possible after 90-day probationary period