Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $4.3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $42 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
As the Administrative Coordinator for our C-Suite, you will directly support several senior leaders. As a highly ambitious and collaborative environment, we’re seeking help to create cohesion across a variety of different cross-functional teams. In this role, you will support our Lead Executive Assistant in planning, prioritizing, and ensuring all strategic and daily activities are well executed. You’ll complete tasks with little oversight, take action without needing to know the total picture and ultimately, do what it takes to get things done. You’ll be a trusted resource and play a major role in helping our leaders be better at what they do best.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in calendaring high-stakes meetings for the CEO with other C-Suite executives (direct reports), board members, investors, and potential partners.
- Confirm attendees, gather pre-reads/decks for circulation prior to meetings.
- Resolve calendar conflicts and communicate updates in the calendar to the team (composed of the Executive Assistant and Sr. Executive Assistant).
- Ensure meetings run smoothly, are well documented and have clear action items and agendas included in the invites.
- Collaborate with the other coordinators for seamless alignment of executives’ schedules and further the goal of building strong relationships to drive cross-functional outcomes.
- Provide coverage for the current EA, and other members of the team if need be, due to out of office or emergencies.
- Taking each day as an opportunity to learn; and the humility and ability to balance many different tasks.
- Organized is an understatement.
- Thoroughly attention to detail.
- Able to take direction and pivot quickly based on live continuous feedback.
- Utmost discretion in all external and internal communications, and proper decorum when dealing with high profile stakeholders.
- Strong follow-up skills and ability to keep track of to-do list/competing priorities.
- Ability to not just work under pressure but thrive in it!
- Hungry to learn and ask questions -- constantly. Not just how but also why, and even better: what if we tried this instead?
- Admit mistakes and action-orient towards solutions rather than argue critiques.
- Ability to think around the bend and anticipate problems or roadblocks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starting and curious.
- Minimum of 3 year of clerical or professional experience in an administrative support role.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (i.e., GED with corporate experience or military experience)
- G-Suite savvy.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.