Bank Chief Compliance Officer at Anchorage Digital (Greater NYC Area, NY)
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:09 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, November 22, 2022
At Anchorage Digital we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.
The Bank Chief Compliance Officer is a key strategic leadership role focused on building a credible and robust compliance program (including financial crimes compliance program) for Anchorage Digital Bank, but also helping to foster and grow the relationship Anchorage has with its banking regulator, the OCC. The Anchorage Digital Bank Chief Compliance Officer will have the mission to build and grow the bank’s compliance program, ensuring that the bank complies with its regulatory requirements, expectations, and industry best practices. The individual will play a key leadership and mentoring role across the Bank’s compliance functions.
As the Bank Chief Compliance Officer, you will:
- Develop and implement a robust banking compliance program/framework
- Build and implement an enterprise-wide Financial Crime (“FinCrime”) Compliance program, to include Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), Sanctions Compliance and Fraud Prevention at the Bank
- Establish and ensure reporting of the Bank’s FinCrime enterprise-wide FinCrime risk appetite statement and the execution of enterprise-wide FinCrime risk assessments
- Provide leadership and collaboration with the Business, Legal and other internal functions to ensure the effective implementation of the Compliance program requirements across the Bank
- Direct the development and implementation of policies, procedures and controls across the organization
- Develop and maintain critical relationships with the OCC, be instrumental in defining and shaping digital assets and emerging technologies regulation
- Partner with business leaders to instill and embed a culture of compliance
- Interface with leadership across the business and functions to advise on FinCrime risks and operational or control issues
- Lead Anchorage’s build-out of the FinCrime organizational model and staffing globally as the Bank continues to expand operations
- Oversee the development of an appropriate FinCrime training program
- Manage and lead the global FinCrime teams across Anchorage Digital’s entities
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Experience in FinCrimes Compliance, preferably with a broad mandate that provides exposure to BSA, AML, sanctions, fraud and ABC
- Deep familiarity with broader Compliance Program frameworks, including asset management, fiduciary, Reg W related compliance frameworks
- Managed, mentored, and scaled teams of varying skill levels
- Advocated with regulatory bodies to shape regulations
- Built credible, productive relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and regulatory bodies
- Thrived under uncertainty and are able to adapt to an evolving regulatory environment
Although not a requirement, bonus points if you have:
- A strong public speaking ability or have experience in a highly visible leadership role that requires impeccable communication skills
- A strong handle on data analytics
- An intrinsic curiosity about crypto
- Been emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
Read Full Job Description