Broker/Dealer Operations Associate
You are a process driven individual who loves checking items off your to-do list. You are always thinking of ways to make complicated tasks more efficient, while keeping a keen eye on the big picture. You have a knack for foreseeing when a situation could be risky and quickly resolving it appropriately.
You are extremely detail-oriented with a passion for organization. You grasp complex topics quickly and are adept at thinking on your feet to solve problems in a creative and holistic manner. You are a strong communicator who enjoys interacting with other people to address any issue that comes your way. You are excited to support our customer operations team and play a crucial role in keeping our business growing and running smoothly.
At Betterment, our Operations team is keen on efficiency and iteration; we are talented and eager to learn from our colleagues and to help make them better. We are focused and we always strive for excellence.At Betterment you will get to:
- Drive daily customer-focused operations, including reviewing and processing account transactions, monitoring risk across the business, and fielding third-party requests
- Suggest improvements to operational processes and ways to make servicing customer requests more efficient and scalable
- Troubleshoot operational problems, investigate why they happened, and collaborate with the engineering team to employ fixes
- Interact with customers on an as-needed basis to resolve operational inquiries
- Work with the Customer Experience team on operational topics to provide a unified customer experience
- Prior experience at a bank/financial institution in back-office operations, finance, investing, or business administration
- Proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets
- Detail-oriented mindset and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly and problem solve on the fly with limited guidance
- Good intuition and ability to assess unclear situations with limited information
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with customers empathetically
- SQL experience
- Prior experience at a broker-dealer
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $20 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.