Case Worker – Baseball Assistance Team (Seasonal Special Projects) at Major League Baseball
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:32 a.m. (EST) on Friday, September 18, 2020
The Baseball Assistance Team is a nonprofit organization that confidentially assists members of the Baseball Family in need of financial, medical and psychological assistance.
- Assist with on-going grant management tasks that includes conducting applicant screening and intake, preparing cases for Grant Committee and uploading files.
- Assist with on-going scholarship management tasks that include conducting applicant screening and intake, preparing cases for Scholarship Committee and uploading files.
- Assist with on-going crisis management tasks that include conducting applicant screening and intake, preparing cases for Crisis Committee and uploading files.
- Serves as a Spanish translator (documents and emails) for the Executive Director & Manager when needed.
- Answer and direct calls from the B.A.T. hotline (7822) and respond to incoming and outgoing emails associated with [email protected] (in Spanish or English).
- Provide outreach on behalf of the department to the baseball community offering assistance.
- Oversee outreach and research quality of life improvement projects for Spanish speaking applicants based in Mexico, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela and Latin America.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish, English) required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while dealing with sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional demeanor, organized and detail oriented.
- Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
Read Full Job Description