Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
There’s not a better time to join Thirty Madison. We have four brands in market, we’ve grown our team and our business dramatically over the last year, and we have lots of exciting work ahead on our path to transform healthcare. We’re looking for a mission-driven and analytical Chief of Staff to work closely with the Executive Office on strategic and tactical initiatives across the company.
In this role, you will operate as an extension of the Executive Office. You’ll provide strategic support to the Co-Founders and President on company level planning and organizational design and drive results through individual analysis and project management of various cross functional initiatives. You’ll dive into metrics and KPIs to identify areas of improvement and help ensure that teams across the company are aligned on company objectives.
The ideal candidate is organized, entrepreneurial, and resourceful. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to assume a leadership role at a high growth healthcare company or is looking to start their own business someday by working directly with the company’s leaders on challenges that span functional areas.
This role reports to the Executive Office.
You’re the right person for this role if you are:
- Able to effortlessly transition between big picture thinking and tactical execution - you’re equally at ease in high level brainstorming sessions as you are at creating a cross functional project execution plan
- A master communicator, able to motivate people, align interests, and wield influence with colleagues at all levels of the company
- A company leader, with experience coaching and developing leaders across an organization
- An effective project manager with a track record of leading internal planning processes and driving an efficient company-wide operating rhythm
- Ruthlessly analytical, with strong quantitative skills and an ability to glean actionable insights from data, yet able to recognize the limits of data and unafraid to use your judgement and trust your instincts
- A versatile problem solver who has a bias for action. You’re able to jump in to provide value to teams across the company, from growth to CX to operations
- Able to advise on confidential matters and maintain a high level of discretion
- Proactive, inquisitive, positive, and collaborative
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and executing against ambitious goals
- A team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude
Some things you will work on:
- Lead annual planning workstream, partnering closely with company leaders to set goals, KPIs, and strategic initiatives and track progress throughout the year to ensure we remain on track
- Provide strategic thought partnership to Executive Office and Leadership Team on their most pressing challenges
- Lead planning, execution, and support of All Hands, leadership off-sites, and leadership meetings, including messaging and decks
- Conduct research to stay up to date on markets we currently operate in and those that are under consideration and help evaluate strategic opportunities, including industry partnerships and M&A
- Craft and refine external and internal Executive Office communications, including board decks and board materials
- Run point on a variety of special projects, such as new brand launches, strategic partnerships, and fundraising
- You should have:
- 5+ years of high-performance experience in banking, consulting, operations, or similar role in a high growth company (healthcare experience a plus).
- Strong analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to use data analysis to build actionable insights. Expertise in excel and building board level presentations and materials a must.
- An ability to quickly get up to speed on new areas and a desire to operate outside of your comfort zone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor them to varying audiences
- Experience and comfort interacting across levels of an organization, including senior management and investors
- An eye for detail as well as the ability to zoom out and see the bigger picture
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures
Passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us to request accommodation.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are claiming to be affiliated with Thirty Madison in order to trick job seekers into divulging personal information or making payments based on false representations while impersonating Thirty Madison. These entities solicit money and personal information under the guise of offering you a position with Thirty Madison. The scammers use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence to potential victims. Thirty Madison takes the safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us very seriously and we work cooperatively with our legal team, security department and local authorities to address this issue. If you receive a job offer that claims to be from Thirty Madison, please take steps to confirm that it is legitimate by reviewing the offer carefully and contacting Thirty Madison directly if you have any concerns at all. Please note that Thirty Madison will never ask you for bank account or credit card information, and Thirty Madison will not charge you money to apply for a job with Thirty Madison.*