Chief of Staff at Sealed
Who are we?
At Sealed, we’re unlocking comfort, value, and efficiency in aging homes—and transforming energy, finance, and home improvement along the way.
With Sealed, it’s easy and affordable to solve the problems that make houses too hot, too cold, and too wasteful. In partnership with energy utilities and certified contractors, Sealed finances key home improvements using the money homeowners currently waste on energy.
Homes are renewed from the inside out—all without increasing homeowners’ monthly bills. Upgrades like HVAC, insulation, air sealing, and smart home technology transform the way a home feels and functions. Sealed coordinates projects from beginning to end, and we stand behind our work. If we don’t reduce a home’s energy use, we don’t get paid.
Sealed is backed by a $5 billion global investment firm and has major partnerships with large utility companies like Con Edison.
Based in New York City, Sealed was founded by Lauren Salz (CEO, Forbes 30 under 30, former McKinsey) and Andy Frank (President, energy efficiency veteran).
Learn more at www.sealed.com.
What will you do?
As Chief of Staff, you will partner with the CEO on the strategic and operational activities of building a great company during a period of hypergrowth. You will play a critical role in developing, prioritizing, and executing company objectives, as well as communicating them with internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to board members, executives, team members, potential team members, customers and partners.
This will be a highly demanding role that will expose you to all aspects of Sealed’s business and operating a high growth startup. It is an excellent opportunity for someone who aspires to be a founder or C-level executive at a high-growth startup one day.
As the right hand to the CEO, your day-to-day duties will be fluid, and evolve as company priorities change. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Be the CEO’s right-hand person, supporting key initiatives and making sure she is able to work on the most important items for the company
- Enable the CEO to make better, fast decisions by gathering, synthesizing, organizing, and communicating information from all departments at the company
- Spearhead new growth and expansion opportunities
- Create and manage cross-functional project execution plans for top priority objectives such as geographic expansion and team recruiting
- Oversee meeting preparation and planning for company All Hands and Board meetings
- Attend and manage senior leadership team meetings, holding CEO and senior leaders accountable for commitments
- Proactively identify and act on opportunities to increase the CEO’s efficacy and efficiency
Who are you?
- 2-4 years of work experience in a fast-paced, intellectually-challenging environment such as a top tier consulting firm, investment bank, or high growth startup
- Experience working directly and speaking candidly with C-suite and VP-level executives
- Exceptional communicator (written, verbal, visual)
- Financial modeling experience - you can spin up a quick model to analyze different opportunities and enjoy doing it
- Strong project management skills with a desire to bring structure to undefined processes
- Natural leader who excels at building relationships with many different types of people
- Good at context switching: you can easily transition between the big picture and tactical execution for multiple projects
- Self starter - you can figure things out without a playbook
- Thrives on helping others reach their full potential
- High level of integrity
- Excellent judgement
- Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, stock options, health benefits