Clinical Product Support Specialist, Associate (PharmD, RN, NP, PA - Remote or NYC)
The Clinical Oncology team is responsible for ensuring the safety and usability of Flatiron’s community oncology provider-facing software, initiatives, and workflows. The team is comprised primarily of oncology clinicians who are embedded directly within Flatiron’s Product and Engineering teams to develop safe, intuitive workflows in OncoEMR, Flatiron’s cloud-based electronic health record, and who develop and integrate oncology clinical content into Flatiron’s technology platform to make it useful for clinicians and patients. The Clinical Oncology team collaborates with other teams across the Flatiron organization to advocate for the needs of oncology patients, clinicians, and practices.
The Clinical Support Specialist position primarily focuses on products and services for OncoEMR, our web-based, oncology-specific electronic medical record (EMR) system used by over 2,500 oncology clinicians every day to diagnose, treat and manage patients battling cancer. The Clinical Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting Flatiron’s Support, Implementation, and Account Management teams. Flatiron Support is often the first point of contact that many customers have with Flatiron, making them essential representatives of the Flatiron brand and critical participants in delivering a fantastic end-to-end experience for our customers. We are seeking a dedicated clinical representative to collaborate with Support and other customer-facing teams to ensure that clinical questions are clearly documented and addressed.
The Clinical Support Specialist sits on the Clinical Oncology team and reports to the Clinical Oncology Technical Lead.
- Partner with Support teams to triage and address clinical questions from OncoEMR clients
- Quickly diagnose issues and ensure they are transferred to the appropriate team for follow up
- Establish rapport with customers and ensure that their questions and concerns are clearly documented
- Be creative and help advance Flatiron oncology products in innovative ways
- Ensure timely case follow-up with all clients
- Be able to work independently and as well as in a team environment
- Work closely with Implementation, Account Management, and Support teams to provide clinical/workflow knowledge in onboarding new and supporting existing practices utilizing OncoEMR
- Draft internal and external education and training materials, and support training for OncoEMR content
- Educate various Flatiron teams on oncology topics and clinical content
- Provide content support to OncoEMR customers
- An advanced degree in pharmacy or nursing or physician assistant (PharmD, RN, NP, PA)
- Must have 2+ years clinical practice experience within an oncology setting
- Deep understanding of oncology-specific electronic medical records and how these systems impact clinical workflow
- Excellent technology skills (includes oncology-specific electronic medical records)
- Ability to translate complex clinical concepts and risks for a non-clinical audience
- Results-oriented, detail-oriented, and analytic
- Self-motivated and autonomous with a nose for value and ability to prioritize
- Ability to travel (up to ~15% of the time)