At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Societe Generale, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology.
We are looking for a Compliance Operations Manager to join our rapidly growing team. You will be in charge of managing and growing the team responsible for executing on Compliance day-to-day operations which include transaction monitoring, customer due diligence, and managing Compliance risk across Paxos’ business lines. The Paxos Compliance Team supports many key functions for our business and customers. This international group is responsible for everything from customer Onboarding and support, to managing daily transactions and processes across multiple products, to working with various stakeholder groups across the business. This role will also be responsible for partnering with the Director of Compliance and helping to drive compliance initiatives with regards to our regulatory obligations. In addition to managing daily operations, the Compliance Manager will need to be a strong player / coach who can get into the weeds when necessary and also operate with a strategic mindset. Hands on management of a team is critical. This is a manager role that will have a direct, and measurable, impact on Paxos’ growth.
What you will do:
- Manage and grow a team of Compliance Associates. Identify key skills areas for the business and implement plans to hire and train up phenomenal SMEs.
- Analyze existing Compliance operational processes across all of our products and identify areas of improvement. Execute on improvement plans as we scale.
- Build best-in-class Compliance program processes, identify key risk indicators, and regularly report on progress across the business.
- Work closely with our technology group around product launches; ensuring that the appropriate operational and risk controls are defined, tested, and documented before go-live
- Ensure department procedure documents are accurate, robust and up-to-date. Train team members and Company stakeholders as appropriate
- Partner with the Recruiting Team to find and hire great people
- Act as a brand ambassador to both candidates and potential partners
- Support and drive continuous improvement for staff, processes and procedures; applies lesson-learned from previous experiences and assignments
- Communicate with confidence and create a credible impression internally and externally ensuring that information presented is accurate and high-caliber
- Coordinate and partner with the Legal, Product, Operations, and Customer Success teams on the development, implementation and maintenance of their respective department or business area's procedures and internal controls.
What you need to have:
- 4-6 years of prior experience in leading operation teams within Compliance, FinTech, Financial Services, or Audit
- Deep understanding of BSA / AML, Sanctions, CDD / EDD, AML Transaction Monitoring and Reporting
- Understanding of process automation. You can identify areas of inefficiency and ideally suggest existing software or internal product enhancements that can make processes faster and more reliable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent partnership and stakeholder management skills
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 150 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like PayPal, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
The Paxos Blog
Paxos Raises $142MM Series C
The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money