Customer Care Team Lead at Attune
Running a small business is hard. Getting insurance for your small business is even harder. It takes forever, the process is antiquated, and one wrong decision can be disastrous.
At Attune, we’re changing small business insurance in a big way.
At the forefront of the insuretech industry, we are rebuilding small business’s access to insurance from scratch, making it instant, easy, and safe. How? Instead of requiring that a business answers hundreds of questions (seriously), our sophisticated platform aggregates the necessary data from different sources, and then uses incredibly advanced analytics to create tailored products that can be delivered in mere minutes, not days or weeks.
We are at the beginning of our journey and are looking for innovators who are curious and excited to drive change.
Backed by Two Sigma, AIG, and Hamilton Insurance Group, we have the horsepower and partners to make a big impact. Unlike other start-ups, Attune has the funding, expertise, and support to modernize and move quickly. If you are energized by making the complex, simple; the time consuming, easy; and the antiquated, tech-enabled, we want you on our team.
Disrupting an industry through data, technology and speed isn't easy – but the challenges we’ll tackle together are some of the most rewarding you’ll experience in your career.
You will join Attune as one of our Customer Care Team Leads, responsible for leading and managing a team of highly motivated and enthusiastic Broker Success Associates. This team is focused on delivering core components of the broker experience and service offerings. You should be comfortable on the frontlines with customers (phone, email, live chat) as well as working with leadership to escalate and resolve issues. The right candidate will also possess a strong sense of urgency, and the ability to improve operational efficiency through process improvement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of associates with a variety of experience levels, providing guidance, coaching, and consistent feedback
- Establish a customer-first culture while ensuring all compliance and company policies are being met
- Serve as an escalation point for complex insurance questions, and partner with underwriting and revenue to resolve issues and help manage the profitability of our portfolio
- Problem solving real-time, pivoting based on business and customer needs
- Maintain a pulse on ongoing learning opportunities and knowledge gaps on your team to ensure adequate training of all our associates
- Support the Customer Care Manager with reporting and data analysis, coaching BSAs to deliver exceptional care to brokers, insureds and carriers
- Help improve our operational playbook and procedures to increase team efficiency and effectiveness
- Assist Customer Care Manager with maintaining positive team morale, motivation for consistent improvement, and holding associates accountable to expected KPI's
- Seek and implement ideas and best practices from industry and internal sources for improving overall service offering
- Become an expert on Attune’s product appetite
- BA/BS degree
- 2-3 years of experience in a customer or client-facing role
- 1+ years of direct people supervisory experience, with a proven leadership track record and history of supporting successful teams
- Property and Casualty insurance experience - ideal candidates will have or be making progress toward their CPCU and/or producer license designations; if you don’t have your license yet, Attune will sponsor the certifications
- Collaborative mindset and drive to help others succeed
- Ability to handle conflict and lead through stressful situations
- Passionate about solving problems in a high-growth innovative environment
- An excellent written and verbal communicator
- Analytically minded - you can use data to frame problems and inform solutions
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to change the small business landscape.
- A great working environment that lives continuous improvement and encourages sharing ideas and taking risks to find better ways of doing things.
- A culture that promotes great relationships both inside the office and outside through activities in our community and company sponsored intramural clubs and events.
- Equity compensation.
- Medical, dental, and vision from day one and 401(k) matching.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
Attune Insurance Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.