Customer Support Manager
Greater NYC Area
OkCupid is looking to hire an experienced NYC-based Customer Support Manager to manage a remote team of agents. Reporting to the Director of Customer Experience, you will have the opportunity to lead the support team of an established company that is growing in new and exciting ways, to work with teams across OkCupid as a customer advocate, and to build the future of support for our diverse, global user base.
What you’ll be doing:
- Making sure day-to-day support runs smoothly and successfully
- Managing and mentoring a diverse team of support agents
- Working cross-functionally with teams from across the company
- Handling legal, privacy, trust and safety, and highly technical escalations
- Identifying areas of the support apparatus that need improvement, including finding opportunities for efficiency and automation
- Maintaining trust in our brand via public channels
- Reviewing QA for your team, and coaching them toward success
- Writing and updating public-facing help documentation
- Tracking trends in customer inquiries, comments, and complaints, and recommending improvements based on that feedback
Some things you'll need to land the role:
- A passion for what we do: helping people find love and happiness through meaningful relationships with deep human connections.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- High comfort level with responding to escalated issues, including Privacy and Trust and Safety escalations
- Enough technical skills to be able to recognize, triage, and escalate bugs
- Empathy and patience: people frequently contact OkCupid support about issues that are not just technical, but deeply personal
- A proven track record of setting and meeting/exceeding targets.
- Previous management experience, especially leading a remote team at a tech company
- Experience hiring and leading diverse teams
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with Help Scout, Jira, Confluence, and Slack
- Experience with supporting a global user base in different languages
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Annual stipend for learning and development expenses
- Paid attendance to conferences
- Daily complimentary catered lunch from some of NYC’s top restaurants, and an endless supply of snacks and drinks
- Company funded happy hours/events
- Discounted membership to some amazing NYC facilities including Chelsea Piers Gym
- Generous parental leave and contributions towards fertility preservation
- A team full of incredibly curious and friendly people
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.
Read Full Job Description