Customer Support Specialist
EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We're looking for a Customer Support Specialist to join our growing team as we redefine private markets. This person will be responsible for resolving all incoming customer issues, summarizing user pain points for the product team, and designing processes to scale our support function as we continue to grow. If your passionate about improving user experience and want to help us improve on our platform, let’s chat!
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served over 150 pre-IPO technology companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 3 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 8500+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building a more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Respond to all incoming customer inquiries, resolving issues within our target SLAs
- Work with Product to identify patterns of confusion or friction, ultimately proposing changes to the user experience to address the root cause of issues
- Create a series of playbooks on triaging and addressing customer issues, procedures that can be used to train future hires
- Be a platform expert and have a thorough understanding of our business, while being able to guide users through the process
- Work with our current tool set to enhance self service solution to customer inquiries
THE RIGHT STUFF:
- 2-4 years of experience in a Customer Support role(s)
- A customer-first attitude that will ensure the best experience possible for our user base of investors and shareholders
- Ability to analyze and use data to identify patterns in behavior
- Experience writing scripts and introducing processes to efficiently tackle user issues
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal), highly organized, collaborative, and detail oriented
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with Intercom
- Familiarity with pre-IPO financial markets or alternative investments
- Comfortable using data to communicate pain points
- Experience growing support teams in the past
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN:
- The ability to define our user playbook as this role will be the first dedicated hire to a support function at EquityZen
- Experience in a fast-paced role within a growing technology company, and interaction with various business stakeholders (technology, product, supply, demand, and sales)
- Equity, competitive salary, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, stocked fridge, a supply of snacks, weekly catered lunch and more!
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate, mission-focused team that also knows how to have fun
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Read Full Job Description