Director, Business Operations and Strategy at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
We are seeking an entrepreneurial leader for this newly created role reporting directly to the President & COO. As Director of Business Operations & Strategy, you will work across all teams to lead mission critical, cross-functional efforts, guide our strategic planning process and help drive execution on strategic initiatives.
You will build relationships with senior leaders in every area of the business in this highly visible and impactful role. You will be equal parts strategist and operator, ensuring we are not only able to build successful strategies, but also able to deliver them in a predictable way.
What You’ll Do:
- Facilitate RTR’s Strategic Planning Process from end to end. Partner with senior leaders across each function to ensure we are building innovative strategies, driving strong prioritization to achieve business outcomes, and delivering operational plans against them. Iterate on the process to improve outcomes.
- Perform analyses and research to identify new growth opportunities in partnership with the Office of the CEO
- Participate in building strategy for certain opportunities. Incubate and help run new teams.
- Partner with senior leadership to build our Annual Operating Plan. Package and gain executive buy-in of product and business roadmaps.
- Partner with teams to help them execute on important strategic initiatives or drive operational scale and efficiency
- Guide the company’s entire OKR process
- Drive a culture of accountability through KPI tracking and OKR check-ins. Ensure we are creating clear goals for employees at every level.
- Own weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Evaluate organizational barriers to success and develop action plan to ensure the company runs with efficiency and transparency
- BA/BS required, MBA a plus
- 6+ years of experience in ecommerce or brand management, corporate strategy, consulting or banking
- Experience with consumer-facing brands, startup experience is a plus
- You’re highly analytical, and can understand and dissect data as well and run financial models
- You’re a master at strategic prioritization and decision making, and can effectively balance long term business goals with short term needs
- You have a founder mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit. You’re ready to take on tasks outside of role
- You’re resilient, and can be flexible with changing business needs and priorities
- You’re great at building relationships and trust within the organization.
- You’re a great simplifier, and can reduce complexity to ensure rapid decision making.
- You are process oriented, and are equally comfortable diving into existing processes or creating new ones.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.