Director of Corporate Development and Strategy at Spring Health
| Greater NYC Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:37 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, September 30, 2021
Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
We are looking for a Director of Corporate Development and Strategy to support the evolution of Spring Health’s strategy by identifying and evaluating both organic and inorganic growth opportunities. With the goal of expanding our member reach and the breadth of solutions offered to our members, Spring Health builds solutions and partners with multiple stakeholders that can help us achieve our mission to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
The Director of Corporate Development and Strategy will help us to identify and evaluate opportunities for acquisitions and investments, and build fruitful partnerships to expand and deepen the range of solutions we offer to members. Comprehensiveness and precision are key to our approach to mental health. The Director of Corporate Development and Strategy will own analyses to inform build/buy/partner decisions and support the execution of those decisions.
What you’ll be doing (Key Responsibilities)
- Execute analysis to evaluate acquisitions and investments, including internal and external research, and modeling to support build/partner/buy decisions and inform deal structures/negotiations
- Become an expert on the mental health market dynamics and players, and assess our build/partner/buy needs on an ongoing basis
- Work with our Strategy and Executive team to develop our strategy, goals, and agenda
- Support coordination across internal teams developing new care solutions, from strategy definition to identification of specs and go to market, to taking it live and see first members use the solution
What we expect from you (Qualification ex. education, experience, etc.)
- Experience in healthcare, strategy, and corporate development, with a proven ability to think strategically and be deeply analytical
- Experience in a top-tier highly analytical and performance-driven organization (eg. management consulting, private equity, banking).
- 5+ years of cross-functional experience in a high-growth start-up and/or consulting firm
- Track record of synthesizing data to develop recommendations and executing against complex problems
- Highly adaptive, entrepreneurial, and pragmatic — able to turn ideas into action
- Efficient with limited resources
- Confident and experienced with managing up
- Receptive to feedback delivered in real-time
- Not conflict-avoidant but rather seek consistent clarity and alignment
- Relentlessly and shockingly resourceful; does not depend on others to get things done and absorbs information and skills very quickly
- Excited by, rather than repelled by, high levels of ambiguity and open-ended challenges
- Interested in most/any area of the business or product and working with several teams
- Trustworthy, with a strong sense of integrity and personal values
- Consistently analytical and reason-oriented
- Not someone who takes themselves too seriously and has a good sense of humor
Why you’ll like working at Spring Health
- High caliber team: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the mental health industry
- Big market and big upside in sales: Our product has strong product-market fit in a huge market with strong demand
- The challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description