Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro's vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE's 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
We are growing quickly and looking for someone to help define the future of healthcare as one of the first members of our Corporate Development team. We have a massive opportunity in front of us to build a truly patient-centric healthcare system - innovation is needed in healthcare now more than ever and it won’t all come from a single company.
As Director of Corporate Development Integration, you will be critical for ensuring the long-term success of our acquisitions by quarterbacking our integration efforts in partnership with and in support of key cross-functional leaders across the organization. This role will be instrumental in developing integration strategies and playbooks, supporting confirmatory diligence, leading integration planning, coordinating cross-functional integration workstreams, and driving deal post-mortems.
You thrive in the uncertainty and fast pace of a startup. You embrace change. You’re relentless. You do things that don’t scale but can scale them up when necessary. You’re metrics-driven and love data. You can articulate the “why” behind your decisions. You’re constantly in pursuit of the best allocation of resources for the company, not in pursuit of the deal at all costs.
Most importantly, you have an unrelenting drive to put patients in control of their health and never lose sight of that in seeking the right-fit deals or partnerships for Ro.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and refine Ro’s M&A integration strategies, processes, and playbooks
- Establish strong cross-functional relationships and partner with cross-functional leaders to build and iterate on integration playbooks
- Quarterback integration planning, support confirmatory diligence, and coordinate cross-functional integration workstreams from diligence to post-close
- Lead deal post-mortem efforts, including building deal scorecards and codifying best practices
- Track progress against Day 1 and long-term objectives and adjust integration strategies or processes as needed
- Support functional leaders and acquired companies on an ad hoc basis with relevant strategic initiatives
- Support communications and presentations with key external stakeholders (e.g., board members, investors)
- Support thought leadership within the organization for all things digital health
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- 10+ years of experience, including 2+ years of management consulting experience at a top tier firm and 2+ years of corporate development experience, ideally in an integration role and within digital/consumer internet or healthcare
- Demonstrated track record of successful M&A integration and/or operational project management experience
- Demonstrated track record of building and maintaining strong cross-functional relationships and leading complex strategic initiatives with multiple stakeholders in fast-changing environments
- Passion for and deep understanding of the digital/consumer internet and healthcare landscapes, including knowledge of industry trends, metrics, and key players
- Strategic mindset with sound business judgment and exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to distill massive amounts of complex information into digestible formats that lead to productive discussions
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to drive cross-functional understanding and cooperation across the business
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills
- Strong detail-orientation and relentlessness about the quality of your work
- Self-starter, low-ego, mentality, and a willingness to always go the extra mile
- Ability to thrive in uncertainty
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.