Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro's vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE's 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
We are growing quickly and looking for someone to help define the future of healthcare as one of the first members of our Corporate Development team. We have a massive opportunity in front of us to build a truly patient-centric healthcare system - innovation is needed in healthcare now more than ever and it won’t all come from a single company.
As Director of Corporate Development, you will report directly to the VP of Corporate Development and Strategy, collaborate closely with internal stakeholders and build relationships across the external ecosystem to develop and execute on M&A and strategic partnerships at Ro. This role will be instrumental in helping to expand our platform by sourcing, analyzing, diligencing, and executing strategic acquisitions, partnerships, and investments that accelerate our vision of a patient-centric healthcare system.
You thrive in the uncertainty and fast pace of a startup. You embrace change. You’re relentless. You do things that don’t scale but can scale them up when necessary. You’re metrics-driven and love data. You can articulate the “why” behind your decisions. You’re constantly pursuing the best allocation of resources for the company, not in pursuit of the deal at all costs.
Most importantly, you have an unrelenting drive to put patients in control of their health and never lose sight of that in seeking the right-fit deals or partnerships for Ro.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and refine Ro’s overarching M&A strategy and business-specific investment theses in collaboration with GMs and functional leaders
- Build synthesized, data-driven perspectives on trends and companies across the healthcare landscape
- Research and assess potential acquisition, partnership, and investment opportunities by conducting detailed market research, financial analysis, and business due diligence
- Support the cross-functional creation of business cases for potential acquisitions, partnerships, and investments
- Create robust operating models and investment memos to support investment theses
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to support due diligence and execute transactions
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to ensure acquisitions are seamlessly integrated
- Support communications and presentations with key external stakeholders (e.g., board members, investors)
- Support thought leadership within the organization for all things digital health
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- 10+ years of experience, including 2+ years of investment banking experience at a top tier firm and 4+ years of private equity or venture capital experience, ideally focused on digital/consumer internet or healthcare
- Demonstrated track record of leading and quarterbacking deals end-to-end: sourcing, analyzing, diligencing, and executing strategic acquisitions, partnerships, and investments
- Passion for and deep understanding of the digital/consumer internet and healthcare landscapes, including knowledge of industry trends, metrics, and key players
- Demonstrated track record of building and leading lean deal teams
- Strategic mindset with sound business judgment and exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to distill massive amounts of complex information into digestible formats that lead to productive discussions
- Excellent interpersonal skills to drive cross-functional understanding and cooperation across the business
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills
- Strong detail-orientation and relentlessness about the quality of your work
- Self-starter, low-ego, mentality, and a willingness to always go the extra mile
- Ability to thrive in uncertainty
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.