Director of Facilities at BetterCloud
BetterCloud is the first provider of SaaSOps solutions to manage and secure the digital workplace. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across a company’s SaaS application portfolio. A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, the company established the first-ever “SaaS Application Management and Security Framework” via two published books entitled “The IT Leader’s Guide to SaaSOps” — Vol. 1: “A Six-part Framework for Managing Your SaaS Applications” & Vol. 2: “How to Secure Your SaaS Applications.” BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, CA and Atlanta, GA.
We are a high-energy, high-growth product company and as we grow, so does our office footprint! BetterCloud is looking for a Director of Facilities who will oversee every aspect of our office space -- from proactively identifying the needs of our growing team and overseeing office space build out (in ATL and SF) to daily office operations and maintenance -- to ensure our office space supports employee productivity and fosters community and wellness across our talented and dedicated team. The day-to-day security, safety, and appearance of our office locations will rest securely on your shoulders.
The Director of Facilities manages relationships with external vendors and organizes internal committees for decision making, all with a keen eye for creating and managing detailed projects and multiple moving pieces. As a member of the People and Culture team, the ideal candidate must be a good listener and problem-solver with a strong customer-service orientation. The role reports to the Chief Financial Officer located in New York City. If you thrive in an exciting and evolving environment, you'll play a critical part in scaling our team.
This role can sit in either New York or Atlanta.
- 8+ years experience in facilities management and/or construction with a record of results
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience managing a team with variable skills/capabilities
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines with little supervision
- Ability to effectively and succinctly communicate complex processes and recommendations to senior executives
- Outstanding organizational and follow-through skills; meticulous attention to detail is a must
- Prior success delivering projects on time and within budget--and you've worked with contractors, vendors and architects to build out office space
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments and creative problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience utilizing GSuite and other SaaS tools
- New office space: Oversee new office build outs from design to move in, ensuring it positively shapes our culture, productivity, wellness and collaboration
- Identify and manage contractors, architects, engineers; manage RFPs and bids; negotiate contracts; review and approve materials and quotes
- Gather requirements from all stakeholders to ensure the office meets the needs of the business, balance competing priorities, find creative solutions and communicate with all stakeholders
- Oversee all facilities documentation, including contracts, warranties, tracking, etc.
- Manage and track facilities and office buildout budgets
- Maintain brand standards and aesthetics of the space
- Existing office operations: Shepherd facilities team who manages daily office operations including front desk operations, vendor relationships, food programming, deliveries, company events and office support.
- Maintain all maintenance contracts, including fire alarms, HVAC, etc.
- Provide security education and awareness, conducts security briefings, and participate in self inspections and audits
- Support with strategic planning aimed at developing better services for our people
- Assist in the creation of guidelines and procedures to improve efficiencies for security, facilities, mailroom and internal events operations
- Work closely with internal teams in the management of all in-house and third-party events; including the scheduling, set-up and building support requirements for these events
- Manage space planning, including working with departments/teams to understand growth and attrition rates, manage re-stacks and evaluation of storage needs
Compensation | Benefits
- Career growth opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.