Director, Global Support at NS1
NS1 optimizes delivery of the world’s most critical internet and enterprise applications. Only NS1’s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data and grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, and automated system. NS1’s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency and application performance, reliability, and security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora and The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.The Role
NS1’s Support team is the go-to resource for the most impactful properties on the internet as they leverage our powerful platform to solve complex application delivery challenges. In our search for a Director of Global Support, we’re looking for an individual who has experience leading a team that masters the art of efficient problem solving and leaves scores of satisfied customers in its wake.
As a candidate, you have a knack for refining processes and are driven to build something better in each scenario you step into. You have a strong belief in the potential of your team members and are committed to helping your team grow, develop, and challenge themselves in their careers. You are skilled at delivering constructive feedback and you enable continuous improvement as you coach and mentor each team member. You internalize and translate the needs of customers into your daily activities as you lead the team.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and implementing a global strategy for NS1’s support organization
- Building relationships with peers in the Product and Engineering organization to expedite resolution of customer reported issues and feature requests. Ensure priorities, timelines and expectations are aligned across all teams.
- Overseeing and streamlining the incident management process. Put your team in position to deliver timely, informative updates to customers while an incident is ongoing and maintain ownership of postmortem communications to the broader customer base.
- Building out a global support organization capable of servicing the top enterprises on the internet; design career trajectories for support engineers within the organization
- Supporting NS1’s CSMs in their engagements with our customers. Identify what success means for the customer and help drive toward a satisfactory resolution.
- Managing the team of support engineers and their on-call schedule. Help each team member build upon their existing skillset and guide the broader team toward reaching its performance objectives.
- Designing a suite of support ticket metrics and leveraging them effectively to evaluate team performance and identify trigger points for executing on additional hires.
- Implementing and iterating on support best practices. Closely monitor ticket response quality and initiate constructive feedback conversations with support engineers.
- 5+ years experience leading a global or regional technical support team
- Ability to effectively operate and excel in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proven leadership skills, with a demonstrated track record of partnering with leaders across an organization
- Ability to distil technical concepts down to actionable statements for management and customers
- Affinity for growing a team and mentoring individuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience administering Zendesk or similar support ticketing system
- Experience administering VictorOps or similar on-call rotation service
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.