Director of Global Workplace
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software, turning process insights into action with The Celonis Intelligent Business Cloud, built on the process mining technology it pioneered. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Companies around the world including Siemens, L’Oreal, Uber, 3M, and BMW rely on Celonis technology to guide action and drive change to business processes, resulting in millions of dollars saved and an improved experience for their customers. Headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, New York, Celonis has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. Valuated at over $1Billion, Celonis received $27.6M Series A in June 2016 and $50M Series B funding in June 2018 from investors Accel and 83 North. Since opening its US headquarters in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue. In addition to its offices in the UK, Netherlands, and Japan, Celonis is expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, Ann Arbor, as well as Latin America.
We are seeking a highly motivated Workplace leader to lead our Global Workplace Operations team. A strategic thinker with experience in a hyper growth environment. The ideal candidate will be responsible for global real estate footprint and facilities planning, including site selection, transaction negotiations, vendor management. To be successful you should have excellent project management skills, communication skills, extensive office and facilities management experience and be well-versed in office procedures and policies. The goal is to ensure all general office support activities are carried on efficiently and effectively to allow the other operations to function properly and seamlessly support the growth of the company.
Diligent follow-up, attention to detail, and an ability to develop and execute best practices that align with our culture, will be a big asset. If you thrive in an exciting and evolving environment, you'll play a critical part in scaling our business.
- Always look to make us better, proactively identify and recommend opportunities that focus on better methods to achieve objectives which may include: process efficiencies, quality improvement, risk mitigation, cost improvements and any other relevant factors that influence workplace experience.
- Partner with IT, and People teams to deliver a world-class employer experience.
- Participate in new hire activities, including furniture and equipment preparation, delivering a high-quality first day experience.
- Maintain timely, positive and professional communication with stakeholders and our people at all times.
- Maintain a standard operating procedures for all locations.
- Serve as a main point of contact for office emergencies, including after hours and weekends.
- Ensure the safety of our people by developing/maintaining/updating emergency action plans and providing health and safety risk assessments. Oversee and manage emergency action teams in all locations.
- Responsible for overseeing facility operations, maintenance, and security, while developing and implementing solutions across our offices.
- Management of all vendor relations and contracts, including maintenance, cleaning, catering.
- Monitor and provide recommendations for optimal office space utilization including end-to-end project management of office relocations or expansions.
- Work closely with building management to ensure offices are functioning optimally.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of all furniture, fixtures and non-IT equipment.
- Manage food and beverage, safety, and security programs and vendors.
- Ensure facility cleanliness, appearance and functionality, including common areas such as lobbies, conference rooms, and kitchens.
- Build and effectively lead an exceptional team; ensure that they are technically strong, provide an excellent level of service to our people, and are capable of delivering results on time and with quality.
- 7+ years of operations and office management experience, preferably in a fast-paced tech environment or professional services environment.
- Knowledge of real estate standards, policies, metrics, and best practices
- Excellent negotiation skills including vendor selection and management
- Deep experience and skills in managing a variety of leased real estate properties
- Experience managing people and growing them for success.
- Available to lead projects as the business demands. Day, evening, and weekend execution is standard for this role.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial skill-set, delivers hustle with style and grace
- A team player with great communication and leadership skills
- You have a strong attention to detail, organizational planning, time management, and multitasking abilities.
- You could bring strong people and project management, organizational, logistical, research skills, and a demonstrated ability to run multiple projects and priorities within agreed timelines and budgets.
- You have an active, hands-on approach to problem solving.