Director, Merchant Partnerships & Strategy at DoorDash
As the Director of the Regional Team, you will be responsible for establishing merchant strategy for the region including sales, partner success, and go-to-market strategy on new products. You will be directly responsible for the growth and success of multiple merchant accounts in numerous markets. Each city and merchant will pose its own set of unique challenges and you are held accountable for identifying strategies to win and for leading your team to success.
What you’ll do
- Grow - Build the regional team to fill key roles and meet the strategic needs of our evolving marketplace business
- Lead – Manage team that works to strengthen our product, streamline processes, and improve the way we do things for our merchants
- Analyze – Collect and synthesize local insights and needs from a product perspective
- Manage – Responsible for hitting top line revenue and product adoption goals for your region. You must be able to navigate resources to balance revenue across multiple product lines and grow new and existing accounts
- Business Development – Be the voice and full service provider of the merchant by developing and fostering deep relationships with top priority partners
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Merchant Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, Account Management, and BD teams to improve the dasher, merchant and customer experience while representing the perspective of the Merchant to the executive team
- Natural leader – you pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team and have 7+ years of leadership experience
- Experience growing a business – you’ve successfully managed a portfolio of businesses towards growth while increasing commission revenue
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve by diving into the lowest level of detail for issues to develop strategies you will lead and execute
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the direction of the company
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of tasks
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 8+ years including management experience in operations / sales / consulting / strategy / business development / technology / banking / analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- You've built teams from the ground up and have experience directly managing a team of three or more people
- Strong analytical and execution background - ability to identify and implement growth opportunities
- Demonstrated experience driving top line revenue as well as profitability through partnerships
- Ability to negotiate complex deals with external partners while receiving internal buy-in and approval
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to promoting new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national merchants in more than 3000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
Individuals looking for employment at DoorDash are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.