Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 200+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
Role and Responsibilities
As our Orchard Director of Operations you will be responsible for ensuring our customers have the best possible experience with Orchard. We’re looking for someone with experience in complex fast paced environments that’s ready to roll their sleeves up and make an immediate impact. You will report to Jenna Rozenblat, Orchard’s Head of Real Estate Operations. This role will be based in one of Orchard’s existing markets, with a preference for Austin, TX.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the escalation point across the company for any customer issues, working to resolve them in a timely, customer-focused manner
- Perform root cause analysis on issues that arise to determine how operational processes can be improved in the future
- Identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and work with appropriate teams to execute against these opportunities
- Audit existing processes to ensure they are working properly as our business evolves
- Partner with business stakeholders across various functions to drive process implementation and improvement
- Customer-first mentality
- Thrives in a fast paced, complex environment with evolving priorities
- Able to take on ambiguous challenges and arrive at concise conclusions
- Systems-thinker with process-oriented mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an eagerness to collaborate
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain alignment across people at various levels and functions
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs
- 5-10+ years of experience in customer experience, customer success, operations, program management, or similar fields. Preference for experience working at a tech company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA optional
- Experience working in a transactional role is an advantage, but not a requirement