Director of Strategy & General Manager (GM), Angi Academy at Angi
Angi, the largest home service marketplace, is seeking an innovator and executor to build the first modular, scalable upskilling program in the trades. We are in a skilled labor crisis. You’ve probably read about it, and you may have felt it -- have you tried to get any renovations done lately? We’re setting out to change that, and we need your help. In an effort to bring more skilled labor into the workforce and provide a path to well paid professions (career tradesmen earn $70k-100k+), we building a an upskilling program with ambitions to build a world-class training program in the trades. While trade schools and technical colleges have existed for years, they are not addressing key barriers to entry nor addressing user needs, so we will build the first ever, national and scalable model for the trades, based on learner insights.
We have hundreds of thousands of craftsmen (think handyman, painters, woodworkers), who could be earning more money today and building the skills for a high income career in the trades who are candidates for the profram.
We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about business and social impact to take this program from idea to execution in select geographies and trades, iterate and scale nationally.
- Refine the opportunity - conduct research to assess which skills and job types, where and how (online, offline, mix)
- Utilize research to assess the business case for the program
- Partner with a leader in education to develop curriculum based on Angi Pros’ unique needs
- Develop a strategic marketing plan for partners
- Enroll, retain and graduate the first class of skilled pros
Don’t know much about the trades? That’s okay! Here are some links that speak to the opportunity and some organizations that have been trying to address it:
- Forbes, Addressing the Skilled Labor Shortage in America.
- Generation T
- The Home Depot Foundation
Who you are:
- 8-10+ years experience, preferably in management consulting, operating roles and an MBA.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in an analytical field.
- Exceptional quantitative skills and aptitude. Proficiency with Excel and familiarity with databases and SQL.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Track record of successfully executing small tests, iterating and scaling them with cross functional stakeholders.
- An owner, self-starter and creative problem solver who enjoys tackling complex projects and building businesses from the ground up.
Compensation & Benefits:
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world