Unqork is the no-code platform that's pioneering a new way for companies to build, deploy, and manage complex, enterprise-grade applications. At this moment, Fortune 100 companies are using Unqork to create and deliver software without writing a single line of code.
Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals, and together we're creating a massive paradigm shift in the way software is built. If you want to have a hand in defining the future of application development, we want to hear from you.
The Director, Total Cost Ownership & Operational Excellence role is a key position in the newly created platform operations team. The role will be responsible for providing visibility and managing the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for enterprise software (Unqork Platform), which is the sum of all direct and indirect costs incurred by the platform, and is a critical part of the ROI calculation. It will play an important role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable cost management through the creation and embedding of an optimal operational framework, to deliver an operating transformation. This role will report into the Head of Platform Operations.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and deliver optimized service improvement activity across the business through employing data analytics to drive process improvement, tools development and the application of innovative thinking.
- Create a framework to track and manage the TCO of the platform service offerings (incl 3rd party API services used to run the platform), drive operational excellence through identifying and delivering tools, automation and process improvements. This will include working closely with platform operations/engineering/devops, IT teams.
- Establish a TCO office that will facilitate a look at the lifetime costs incurred by the three main types of enterprise software - Cloud implementation, DIY and off-the-shelf software.
- TCO office will list/monitor/manage these costs to help build realistic TCO and ROI estimates of the Unqork platform software, working closely with the finance department
- Manage team licenses and vendor relationships
- Work with key technology stakeholders, to build a continuous improvement environment to manage the environment efficiently
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of key processes and indicators to identify opportunities for improvement using data
- The role will continue to work with the relevant stakeholders to revisit our SLA in managed service offerings to make sure we are competitive. This would require a project type engagement with sales and client partners
- Ensure data quality across various systems of record and flag areas of continuous improvements. The role will champion a consistent tagging process in Zendesk, Jira and other tools affecting all types of workload. This would require a project-type engagement with other groups
- Identify opportunities to automate processes and work with stakeholders to develop an automation pipeline. This would require working with the tools development to get this done
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
- Using data analytics to lead and facilitate process improvement based workshops to drive ideas and solutions.
- Support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within platform management operations processes and identification of better ways of working. The expectation of this work is more long term than short term.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a ‘best-in-class’ continuous improvement strategy.
- Work with the managers by assisting in change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal governance and controls
- Work with other team members and departments to devise new framework for support material based on the revised processes, to include training, reporting and systems enhancements
- Actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years experience preferred. 5+ years of experience in continuous improvement, change management, production support, and/or product or program management, owning and driving end-to-end development of complex, large scale programs from concept to launch, across diverse stakeholder teams preferred.
- Good understanding of direct and indirect costs when evaluating/management software or hardware.
- Diploma to a Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Able to prioritize complex deliverables, understand and discuss the concepts, manage trade-offs, and run large-scale meetings with business leaders
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution, active listening, and time management skills
- Independent and self-driven
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvements and Lean techniques
- Previous work experience with JIRA and Zendesk
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.