Grailed and Heroine are curated e-commerce marketplaces for men’s and women’s luxury fashion. Our community driven marketplaces are built for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. Our goal is to provide an interactive and educational meeting ground where fashion enthusiasts can buy and sell their unique pieces.
Our team prides itself on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do. We're constantly looking for chances to create a more inclusive, fun, collaborative, and effective work environment.
We are looking for a Director of Trust Operations to lead Authentication and Moderation on Grailed. You will be responsible for ensuring Grailed is a safe and trustworthy Marketplace for users to transact on, delivering big improvements to the Grailed community. You will set the strategy, targets and roadmap for Trust on Grailed
You’ll be leading a large team of authentication and fraud experts to improve Trust on Grailed. This includes responsibility over the teams, tools and processes for the following areas:
- (Digital) Item Authentication/ Moderation
- Content Moderation (spam, offsites, abuse…)
- User Moderation (repeat scammers, banning…)
This role is based in NYC and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
As a Director of Trust, you will:
- Lead Trust on Grailed; setting the strategy, targets and roadmap.
- Be a people manager for the Trust Operations team. E.g., workforce planning, hiring, 1 on 1s, performance reviews, compensation adjustment, career development, etc.
- Work closely with Analytics to define the trust metrics, set up tracking, reporting and monitoring to identify issues and opportunities to improve Trust on Grailed
- Work closely with the Trust Product and Engineering squad to identify improvements to internal Moderation tools, as well as user-facing features to improve the user perception of Trust
- Interface with key stakeholders, such as the executive team, to champion initiatives small and large
The following might describe you:
- You are an established Operations leader with 8+ years of experience managing operational metrics and using analysis to drive improvements
- Strategically minded problem solver with experience setting roadmaps and metrics
- A strong people leader with a natural ability to motivate a team, set and achieve targets, and manage career growth and performance
- A natural problem solver with a bias towards action
- Strategic and willing to roll up your sleeves
- Passion for ensuring Grailed is a safe community marketplace to buy and sell clothes
Grailed launched in 2014 and has become one of the premier online marketplaces to find great men's clothing. Our sister site, Heroine, launched in 2017 and is quickly following suit.
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, generous vacation, and commuter benefits. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment. Grailed is located in SoHo and walking distance from N/Q/R, 4/6, A/C/E, and B/D/F/M trains. We are currently working remotely until March 2021 (at the earliest).
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.