Drop-Off Box Associate
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives and breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. From troubleshooting orders to liaising with our partners, our Customer Experience Operations team works to handle escalated situations that fall outside the scope of traditional customer service. Our Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business and has a major impact on our continued success.
About the Job:
As a Drop-Off Box Associate, you will be supporting Rent the Runway customers on our front lines, at our drop-off locations. You’ll be expected to assist with questions, troubleshoot scanning issues, and help with queues and wait times for peak hours. This position requires you to problem solve in the moment and work with our courier, drop-off box partner & internal teams to deliver a positive customer experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as a liaison to our drop-off box locations with onsite support
- Answer customer service questions, triaging customers to our stores or customer experience teams as needed
- Provide basic troubleshooting for technical issues and escalate as necessary
- In cooperation with TForce, ensure full bins are emptied and consolidated in a timely and unobtrusive manner.
- Escalate missed pick-ups or supplemental requests as needed
Who You Are:
- You are a Problem Solver. You are able to think quickly and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a Communicator. You listen well and understand the needs of our customers and our business. You express your ideas clearly and communicate persuasively to produce positive results.
- You have Strong Integrity. You are honest and ethical in all interactions and uphold company values and policies.
- You are Dedicated. You are committed to providing a Cinderella Experience during each customer interaction.
- You are Empathetic. You are able to see situations from the customer’s perspective and provide the best solutions aligned with Rent the Runway’s core values.
- 2+ years of experience working in a customer-facing environment
- High-school diploma or equivalent
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!