Education Resource Specialist
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”.
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of deeply good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As the Education Resource Specialist at TpT, you will serve as a pedagogical expert on the resources in our marketplace. You will play a vital role in our efforts to showcase resources that demonstrate the power of content created by educators from around the world. You will work on our Seller and Supply team and will report to the Director, Operations. You will be the pedagogical expert who helps us identify and feature the highest quality resources in our marketplace. On a day-to-day basis, this means developing processes for finding the best resources and selecting resources for external use. You’ll also provide subject matter expertise to a variety of teams and initiatives across the company. Your work will be critical to elevating the TpT brand.
- Oversee resource selection and evaluation processes
- Analyze data to identify trends and inform decisions about team goals and priorities
- Be an expert in our resources and educational content
- Establish and execute a system for finding and selecting resources for external use such as on emails, in social media, and at conferences
- Use a working knowledge of education trends, important events, and standards (Common Core State Standards and other major standards types (NGSS, TEKS, etc.)) to make resource selections and share that knowledge across teams
- Partner closely with Marketing, Communications, and Product teams to incorporate subject matter expertise into broader workstreams, for example:
- Partner with marketing to select well-balanced and timely resources for our newsletters and optimize the mix of content we share each week with our 2 million educators
- Partner with communications to identify trending or innovative resources for thought leadership and media relations efforts
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Believe in our mission to empower educators
- Demonstrates an ability to translate educator-focused topics and issues to the broader company.
- Empower others to do their work better
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Strong project management skills and an operations orientation
- Able and willing to work on a wide variety of matters at all levels
- Have strong interpersonal and team skills and ability to work with our community
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- BA/BS or relevant experience required
- Experience with curriculum design and/or administration a must
- Demonstrated analytical, strategic, and leadership capabilities with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Please note that this role is based in our New York City headquarters. This role is not available for remote work.