Executive Assistant to CEO + EIC at Recount Media
Recount Media is seeking an experienced, highly qualified Executive Assistant to support the company’s two co-founders and manage many of the day-to-day operations of the office. A successful candidate will be an extraordinary multi-tasker, with a strong capacity for organization, attention to detail, aptitude for managing travel and other logistics, and discretion when it comes to handling sensitive or confidential information. The Executive Assistant will anticipate the needs of a pair of extremely busy executives, exercise superb judgement, and take the initiative to solve problems before they arise. The Executive Assistant will report jointly to the CEO and the Editor in Chief.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be highly proactive and responsive to direct and anticipated requests; providing fast, accurate, and thoughtful replies to requests, following up on action items on behalf of executives as appropriate.
- Heavy long-term and short-term scheduling and calendar management. You will also be expected to manage the personal calendars of the founders and be hyper-aware of their schedules beyond the scope of the business.
- Prioritize and organize tasks.
- Book, coordinate, and monitor travel arrangements. Process associated expenses as required.
- Manage meeting logistics, AV equipment, displaying presentations, etc.
- Monitor emails and other forms of correspondence during and outside of working hours, and provide swift responses.
- Provide effective and expeditious meeting coordination including agendas, notes, action items and follow-ups. Provide reminders of meetings and calls.
- Manage special projects, run occasional personal errands, and be willing to take on additional duties as needed.
- Ordering equipment, office supplies, and kitchen restock items as needed. Process associated expenses as required.
- Handle incoming/outgoing packages and mail for entire office.
- Organize and book travel for staff as needed.
- Manage general office maintenance responsibilities, including being the point of contact and finance manager for all office vendors.
- Manage various internal events and off-sites for the team.
- Maintain flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned.
- Minimum 5 years supporting a C-Level Executive
- Prior experience as a personal assistant is preferred
- Prior experience working in media or journalism is a major plus
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Recount Media is located in Flatiron and offers a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision benefits, flexible time off, fitness and commuter perks and a 401K.